Soundclick charts

1tonio

What do folks here think of Soundclick tune charts?

I tend to use SC as a tune dipository for sharing etc. When I check out folks material, the charts are static on the top end even if they suck?
Anyone know how they are charted, by popularity or hits?

I ask this because I fnally broke the #1 song thats been there for the longest time in a catagory most here would probably not care about.

sorry if this is OT, but I don't converse over there, just post my tunes.

T

I don't know how they're rated, but I've had dozens of top tens. I'm still a nobody so I guess that answers your question. I tend to ignore the charts.

Yah...a vocal melody test I posted, went to #42 in two days...so go figure..:rolleyes:..not that the geetar playing and instrumental stuff on that test wasn't great, cause it was...but come on...a vocal melody test?:D

I put up a sound recording of some race cars and it made No 3 in the Rock charts...lol My songs are lucky to make #3.

I think it has to do with "clicks" and "votes". There's some Christian rock dude that is just horrible, in the "rock" top 5. He's been there for months. I assume his congregation votes for him....It's total BS.

There's very few songs that are actually worthy of their placement on those fake-ass charts IMO.

There's probably a correlation between how much you pay Soundclick and how high your song gets and how long it stays there. Of course I can't prove that....:rolleyes: It's certainly a convenient place to post tunes though and it's fun to see how many people check it out...

I would take any kind of charts online with a grain of salt... in theory, they only measure popularity, so if that's what you're looking for, then best of luck to you. If that's not important, I wouldn't worry... if you're happy with your own personal recordings, then that's really all that matters.

There's probably a correlation between how much you pay Soundclick and how high your song gets and how long it stays there. Of course I can't prove that....:rolleyes: It's certainly a convenient place to post tunes though and it's fun to see how many people check it out...
Ditto.........:D

Put it this way:

Besides people you meet on this site and musician sites like this.....Can you name one person you know who actually listens to music on Soundclick??? Has anyone in your family or at work, or at the bar you hang out at ever heard of SOUNDCLICK???

It's supported by the musicans who put music up.

Not to put the place down. It's a good place to post your music and get a decent page that tells people about you. But the charts are worthless.

It's got to be rated by unique IP listens. I've put up 5 second recordings of me calling watermelon a fag and it got to like #7. :D

Bingo. It's related to how many times different IP 'listen' to your stuff. It doesn't matter if they listen to the whole thing or just a few beats, it counts as one listen. Also if they keep playing it over and over again, same IP, one listen.

And people can embed a soundclick player on their own website and those hits count towards the charts.

Peace

It's got to be rated by unique IP listens. I've put up 5 second recordings of me calling watermelon a fag and it got to like #7. :D

weiner, I mean winner :D

That classic Greg.

OK I thought so, LOL and yeah its down to #2 today:cool: bastids....

And money .. ha not from me. heck they reconvert a 192khz mp3 to what 128? bastids...

Hey I got snakedog as a fan LOL:p can ya call someone a fag and give me points? just kidding

T

So what you dudes been up to ? I have'nt been here in a while, still going with the pirate persona I see...

T

Yup. They heard my stuff there and actually wrote me through the Soundclick email.

Interesting. Well, maybe some labels keep an eye on it, which is very cool.
But I stilll don't know any non-musician who casually listens to it, let alone even knowing what it is. Which is why I don't think the charts reflect anything other than how many people an artist can convince to go listen to his latest post in a music forum....Generally speaking, of course.

Interesting. Well, maybe some labels keep an eye on it, which is very cool.
But I stilll don't know any non-musician who casually listens to it, let alone even knowing what it is. Which is why I don't think the charts reflect anything other than how many people an artist can convince to go listen to his latest post in a music forum....Generally speaking, of course.

The charts mean squat. In classical, the popular tracks are often by elementary school bands, seriously.:D

What matters are "keywords" and "sounds like". Whatever I put, it worked.:D I made it possible for people to find my product, with words like "classical crossover", "fusion", "Mannheim Steamroller", etc.

I also got an ad placement deal from RP. Someone heard one of my tracks there and licensed it for a clothing designer. It wasnt a lot of money, a couple hundred bucks or so, but thats how they found it. So, somewhere out there, people are listening. ;)

Back