Soundcard

Promkingdrummer

Okay, I have an Alesis Studio 24 and i want to connect it to my computer. I just got this computer, so it has the origional cheap soundcard. The mixer has individual patches for direct out and tape in on every channel, as well as master outs and ins. So my question is which sound card would anybody recommend that I put in my computer to get the best sound, I plan on eventually upgrading to better equipment, but that takes a lot of money, so what I have now will have to do. So if anybody can help me with the soundcard situation, that would be great. Thanks in advance to everybody.

how many inputs do you want and how many tracks do you want to record at the same time and how much do you want to spend on a card. the cards range from $99-$2000 and up.

hey, thanks for the help so far, well the mixer has eight xlr mono and 4 stereo inputs, and thats all the channels i need to record at the same time and i can have as many channels as needed on the computer. i have done some recording stuff on really large consoles cause i am going to college for sound engineering (but not a whole lot yet cause this is my first semester), but we have never gone over how to really hook it up, just how to mix and master songs. i can spend a couple hundred on a card, probably up to around 500-600 on a sound card. thanks again for the help so far and any additional help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again.

Back