Shana

Hello everyone,
I'm finally up and running. Here s my setup:

Pentium 4 1.80 GHZ
512 RAM
Delta 66
Beringher MX 1604A mixer
Cakewalk home studio 9

Heres the question. Is the Delta 66 playing ALL the computer sounds (insteaad of the default soundcard that came with the computer?) AOL, Windows media player, Dvds etc..? Right now in control panel the sound playback is set to multichannel delta 66 and when i play music cds i hear popping and clicking. I also do not hear the AOL sounds (besides the dialup) and i do not hear the music that used to play when i opened up windows. In the Delta 66 Patchbay router H/W OUT 1/2 is set to monitor mixer and H/W
OUT 3/4 is set to WAV out 3/4. Is that ok? It works for recording into cakewalk.
What should all my settings be? In windows control panel and the soundcard control panel.

Thank you so much,
Shana

Shana, Are you using Windows ME? You might want to check out Rat's post for Audiophiliacs (it's also an M-Audio Windows ME nightmare)

Well, I dunno about XP (although I'm thinking about upgrading to it), but I do know that a lot of hardware and software don't play nice with Windows ME. I have it on my computer and had a hell of a time finding the correct drivers for the Delta 66 and getting it to work right. Once I did fugure it out though, I really love the soundcard. From the sound of it, it looks like you have set up a nice system. It "should work fine, although there's always some kinks to get out. One problem I found with playing CD is that they seem to jump and skip every once in a while if I'm using Windows Media Player with my 50x CDROM. If I swith the CD to my HP CD Writer plus 9100, they play OK. I think that's a problem with the 50x spinning into orbit though, and not a problem with WMP.

Great! It looks like i'm back in the game!!!!!!!!:D

Now lets see if i can get set up before all my hair turns white!

Back