soundcard mix hifi 24 track

remco

StudioJunky
Like the title say i (might) need a soundcard 2 mix 24 tracks.
I don't need the inputs and outputs (maybe 2), because i record on the hd24 xr and can transfer the tracks with the fireport.

Regards Remco

Lot's of soundcards can handle the 24 tracks, deepwater has suggested one of the highest end cards to you, but there are lots that will get the job done. A lot of it will depend on your computer system and whether it can handle that ammount of tracks, especially when you start using effects plug-in's etc...

It sounds like you just need a two channel card to putput your mix? If you are looking for a 24 channel card, the RME is certainly (in my opinion) the best card out there, but it sounds like you are going to track to the Alesis, transfer via fireport, and then mix internally in the DAW? If this is the case, than all you need is a good two channel card fro outputting from your DAW to your console and/or monitors for monitoring. The RME in this cae would be overkill. Personally, I use that RME card with an HD recorder. instead of recording to the recorder, I use it as a converter and record straight into my DAW. In this scenario the RME certainly rocks. It has the most reliable and stable drivers I have found for PC applications.

xstatic said:
but it sounds like you are going to track to the Alesis, transfer via fireport, and then mix internally in the DAW? If this is the case, than all you need is a good two channel card fro outputting from your DAW to your console and/or monitors for monitoring.

Thats it .. m-audio?

remco

Back