Soundcard, Headphones & Stereo Sound

flourish

I have some recorded music that I want to record into my computer from a 4-track machine. I have an Audiophile 2496 soundcard and a Tascam Porta 03 MK II 4-track. I have 2 issues and I was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction:

1.) I am using the "Analog Outs 1 & 2" to send the signal from 2 RCA's to one 1/8'' (3.5 mm) male connector. I then have a female-female coupler whcih allows me to connect my headphones (I got the wrong Y cable). Anyway, the sound only goes to the left channel, even though I have a right and left channel on my track. I am just looking to transfer these songs over... not really looking to do any mastering. I know powered monitors would be ideal, but I was hoping to get away with the headphones without a headphone amp. Any thoughts?

2.) How can I transfer each track separately from 4 track to computer? I only have one set of stereo outputs from the 4-track. I imagine I would have to record one-by-one. But, then how do I sync up the times exactly? The 4-track has a manual, rotating dial (non-digital).

1)You need a soundcard with 4 inputs (I have the Delta 44 which works pretty well and sounds decent)
2)You need a 4-track with individual outs for each track. I believe the 424mkII (and probably mkIII) has these. You could probably pick one up on eBay really cheap.

Back