Soundcard for PC/Sonar/Audio & Midi

Spillenger

When I started out recording on a PC, I used an Audigy 2, which I quickly upgraded to an Aardvark LX6. Bad thing was I couldn't play MIDI files through the LX6, so I had to rout MIDI through the Audigy to the LX6.

I have recently wiped my PC hard drive in order to turn it into a dedicated music recording and mixing machine. It is a Pentium 4 running at 3.06 GHz, with 1 gb of RAM. I use Sonar 4 Studio edition.

The Aardvark has been very temperamental, so I want to replace it with an audio interface from a company that still exists. I do mostly audio, with just a little soft synth stuff. I like low latency and very clean sound. The card needs to dovetail nicely with Sonar and play both audio and MIDI without giving me a headache about it. It'd be nice if the company was one that was likely to stay in business. It needs to have a breakout box, and it needs not to be firewire (I don't have a firewire card in this computer -- maybe I should get one?). It should be $400 or less.

Any suggestions? I use a Presonus Firebox on my G5, and love it, but it's firewire.

Thanks.

Paul S.

sounds like an MAudio 10/10 will do it for you man....and the price is just right.
You need pre-amps for the audio though.....do you have a mixing board with Pres now?

joro said:
sounds like an MAudio 10/10 will do it for you man....and the price is just right.
You need pre-amps for the audio though.....do you have a mixing board with Pres now?

1010 doesnt have preamps?? wow..i never knew that! :confused:

Back