Sound Trouble!

When I listen back to the track in protools, it is as loud as any other song you would hear on your iTunes library; exactly the way it should be
No, exactly as it shouldn't be. It shouldn't even be close.

My problem is that as soon as I extract my songs out of protools into wav files, and listen to them through my computer, they are as quiet as can be! I have to plug my computer into speakers that have manual volume control to hear the song properly. The sound is probably more than %50 quieter than any other song on my iTunes library.
I'd argue hopefully less than 50% as loud as a typical finished, mixed and mastered track.
I’m not sure if there’s a hidden volume panel in protools that I don’t know about, if I’m missing a step in the extraction process, or if I’m recording incorrectly, but something’s not right in Denmark. I’m hoping that someone can help me out with this.
No idea (and I'd hope and assume that something odd is making it louder - otherwise, you're hopelessly overdriving your input chain).

Tracking levels: Proper Audio Recording Levels | Rants, Articles

Goofy volume stuff: Why Aren't My Mixes 'Loud' Like Commercial CD's? | Articles, Rants

But in any case, I'd try to find out why a vocal track would sound loud -- It's much more of a worrisome situation than the tracks sounding too normal...

Back