Sound quality

brunob

Hi, new here. I have a question about sound qualityl. It seems to be considerably less , than say the quality of my Mr-8. I am just using the soundcard input on my Gateway laptop. Would any of the USB 24bit converters solve this problem. Also, does this program work with that Tascam USB mixer. Would like to get rid of Mr-8 and just use the computer. Thanks for your help.

brunob said:
Hi, new here. I have a question about sound qualityl. It seems to be considerably less , than say the quality of my Mr-8. I am just using the soundcard input on my Gateway laptop. Would any of the USB 24bit converters solve this problem. Also, does this program work with that Tascam USB mixer. Would like to get rid of Mr-8 and just use the computer. Thanks for your help.

Yeah, the sound quality of your normal soundcard is most likely horrid. Look into a new soundcard, or a USB interface like you mentioned. Are you multi-tracking? I don't know is CEP works witht he Tascam... but why would you want it to? Do you want to mix with CEP, but use physical knobs to do so? Or do you need it as a pre-amp for a mic? I'm not familiar with the Tascam USB mixer you're referring to.

I use a Behringer Mixer, but only for a premix on my vocals before entering the soundcard... I do all of my mixing in CEP.

The Tascam 428 (?) will work with CEP, and will serve as an audio interface for your laptop.

While I know nothing about its pre-amps or converters, this seems like a good option for you, if you want physical mixing and a better audio interface.

-Chris

Back