Sound quality of free amplitube and buying individual sounds vs. buying full versions

twangbuck

So if I download the free version of Amplitube and purchase individual gear downloads from there, will those have the same sound quality as if I bought the full versions? For instance, if I paid for the full version of Amplitube 3, and then purchased the full Fender download suite, would, let's say the Bassman LTD plugin have the same sound quality as I would get if I downloaded the free version of amplitube and spent $25 bucks to buy the single Fender Bassman LTD sound?

Yes it's the exact same quality. The Custom Shop is all done a la carte.

Now, when you buy a branded AmpliTube package, like Fender or Orange, etc., you save considerably compared to buying everything separately in the Custom Shop. For example, the AmpliTube Fender suite sells for $169, but if you were to buy everything included in it separately through the Custom Shop, it would cost over $700.

But, if you only need a few items from their branded stuff, then it's all pretty affordable. Most amps are $25, cabs are $10, pedals are $10 - $20, etc. Plus, they let you try an item out for 14 days (I think) without any crippling for free.

Back