Sound I'm looking for.. (sound clips!)

Hi,

I'm looking to achieve this guitar sound:

Complete with band
Guitar only

I have a Les Paul copy and a Vox AD30 amp, what I'm doing now is dial in the Tweed 4x10 model (Fender Bassman, supposedly), and on my guitar I use the bridge pickup with volume and tone maxed out, and I pick close to the bridge. The picking gives a bit of a thin tone though, not the fat tone from the sample...

It sounds like it's a certain way of picking or playing, how do I do this? Any tips, suggestions, tricks?

Thanks,
Stan :)

That ain't a guitar. Sounds like midi/keys to me. But if I wanted anything even close to that tone, I'd be using the neck pick up.

I agree, it sounds like a fake guitar, or maybe a Variax or something. Really has that under-the-saddle peizo kind of attack about it, that's what makes me think Variax.

Well, to be honest, yes, it is my keyboard, but I'm sure I've heard a guitarist I know do this sound, or something that's very similar...this country-like sound, how do you get it, or how do you get close to it? The samples were just to illustrate the sound, I should have known you guitar-guys in here would freak out on hearing a fake guitar ;)

Anyway, thans for and upcoming advise, if any. Thanks.

For that squeaky clean countryish kind of sound, as far as I know the best way to achieve it is to plug a Telectaster into a Fender Twin, dial in some reverb, and maybe a bit of compression to keep it even.

Then go drink some beer and be sure not to write a single tune of your own. You know, like a country star!

That sounds like PowerTabs. (midi tab program)

Country is and always will be a Tele into either a TwinReverb for pure clean or a DeluxReverb for a hint of grit.

That MIDI sound though doesn't come from Tennessee.

Its almost got a surf feel to it as well, which would need a little delay and maybe a little comp too. Definitely a Tele.

Back