Sound Effects software?

Detector

I'm looking for some really good sound effects software that I can run my tracks thru to add reverb, delay etc that doesn't sound cheesy. I do all my recording and mixing on my PC so having some nice effects software would work great. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

There are tons of free sort ware ....use the search button at the top of the page for there have been a lot of listings of the sites of where to find them.

:cool:

I'm looking for some really good sound effects software that I can run my tracks thru to add reverb, delay etc that doesn't sound cheesy. I do all my recording and mixing on my PC so having some nice effects software would work great. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Your question is a bit confusing. Are you talking about software that makes sound effects as in weird noises and such or you are looking for effects processors such as reverb?

If the former I'd say look at things such as Reaktor, Max/MSP, even Absynth, Kontakt and Omnisphere. If the latter, well there are a ton to choose from ranging from free to over a grand.

Yes an effects processor. I just bought a Midiverb III but I figured there ought to be some really nice effects processor software by now and patching cables between it and my PC is a bit of a pain and probably looses quality. And since I'm doing all but playing keyboards and guitar via computer, I might as well use software effects.

Last edited:
Back