Sound comes from both System and DAW

Acillatem

Hi.

I have a problem.

I have plugged my guitar into M Audio Fast Track Usb II then my macbook pro bootcamp Windows.

Sound comes from my fast track usb II although there is no program running.

I'm using cubase and i want to get sound only while monitoring is open.

Which option i should set?

Thank you.

What sound is coming out of the Fast Track - the computer//internet sounds? THat means you have it selected as your default soundcard in your OS.

Sorry not familiar with windows running on a mac, but on the windows side of things, you right click the volume control icon in the task tray by the clock, usually in the bottom right corner. Click "Recording Devices". Click your audio device in the list. Click "Properties". Click the "Listen" tab at the top, and un-select the "Listen to this device" checkbox...
This could be considered step 1. Maybe there will be others for you, I do hope you can get it resolved....

I guess the problem is on my sound card. When i open direct monitor button, the instrument sound comes to speakers without any program running but when i close the direct monitor, the sound only comes while Cubase's monitoring button open.

I guess the problem is on my sound card. When i open direct monitor button, the instrument sound comes to speakers without any program running but when i close the direct monitor, the sound only comes while Cubase's monitoring button open.

'Direct Monitor' means listening to whatever is plugged into the device.

That's what it's meant to do. :)

You'll notice that monitoring through cubase will have some amount of latency but allows you to hear live effects or amp sims.
Monitoring directly is just 100% dry but with no perceivable latency.

Back