Sound City

I watched this the other night "Documentary in which Dave Grohl uncovers stories about the Los Angeles studio Sound City, where some of the greatest rock albums of all time were perfected and recorded"
It's on BBC Iplayer but I'm sure someone must've ripped it to utube by now - blew me away I'd heard of the place but never realised how important it was. Rupert Neve is interviewed also.
well worth a look. :)

We had a deep discussion on this a few weeks ago so I chuckled to me when I saw it was on twice on Saturday and again on sunday.

I stand behind it. I can't think of many 70s arena bands that exemplify everything that sucks about 70s dentist office rock like Fleetwood Mac does. Maybe throw the Eagles in there too.

It is not with anger, but with the warmest and most benevolent of internet feelings that I mention you guys are dead wrong about FM. :)

I'm not. I have ears and I think Fleetwood Mac is horrid putrid shit and no internet entity will convince me otherwise.

I watched it.

Fell asleep 10 minutes in...

I'm nodding off now thinking about it.

70's mainstream rock was and is what's wrong with music since recorded music came about...

If so, that fat hippie isn't funny and you're a sycophant tool for allowing her to make you do anything.
But how could it be so wrong when it felt so right......

Stevie sends her love and says she left hippiedom behind when she discovered coke !

But how could it be so wrong when it felt so right......

Stevie sends her love and says she left hippiedom behind when she discovered coke !

Mate, you are only a few years younger than me so you probably remember some of that time. It was awful, so was most of the mainstream music and it pushed the good stuff aside.

Back