Sound Card Suggestions

The Mia is a good card but Im not a fan of Echo cards.....i like the delta audiophile.....if you need more inputs/outputs (4x4) and dont need s/pdif, the delta 44 is a great card.....

Does anyone know of any online places that sell soundcards that will accept money orders? I haven't a credit card.
I've looked at three sound card sites and they only want plastic.
I'd spend the rest of my life looking at every place on the internet for a money ordering accepting site, and I'm old and don't have that kind of time to waste. There must be millions of sites to claw through. Any help would be very much appreciated on this matter.
thanx!!!!

Gidge said:
The Mia is a good card but Im not a fan of Echo cards

I'm not familiar with Echo and I'm curious to know why you're not a fan even though they make good cards. Any specific reason for that?

For one they are overpriced....like I said they are good, but Deltas line with similiar features is cheaper and the quality is a tad better....

Echo Gina...24 bit 2 in,8out with spdif....399.99

Take that same 399.99 to Delta you get a 24bit 4in 4out card with the Omni studio which has damn good preamps and some really flexible routing....I think Delta will be around longer than Echo to support their products...

Of course, all these are personal opinions and one is free to make up their mind....

If you got a soundcard question... ...Gidge Rules! (We're talking reasonably priced here, guys) And after you buy it, it comes with a lifetime "ask Gidge" warantee if you have problems with the set-up. It's true, I have a Delta 66 because of him. It's a great card... ..And Gidge Knows!!! And if you really want to get confused... ...Check out the Computers and SoundCards Forum...:D

Im talking about the store not the site. theres a difference, a wonderful diference the one advantage that KC has on the rest of the world is that Musicians friend distribution center is here and the only store where you dont pay shipping, so the box is dented a little. All things are going for cost plus 5%. Its my version of how Disneyland is supposed to be.

You should head up hw 65 someday and check it out.:cool:

darrin, I might have to do that...I drove thru Kansas once...took 2 weeks (sure felt like it)......drove back from Colorado and came across Kansas, down thru Oklahoma.....big mistake....drove there going thru Texas and the tip of NewMexico, much better.....were supposed to be going back this fall....If I do Ill get some directions and a small loan from you.....

I just bought an Omni Studio.
It has the Delta 66 sound card and a desktop audio station.
I paid $441.94 for it.

That's the only one they had besides a Omni Audiophile sound card. Less than two hundred.

I got it at a music store and expected to pay more than what it's going for on the internet, but I don't have a credit card.

I feel happy about my purchase, but logically, I don't really know what the heck I bought yet. I'm guessing I don't need a pre-amp now with the desktop audio station.

If I screwed up, tell me.
If I did good, dumb luck, tell me.
I need to know what you guys think of it.
thanx.

Back