Sound Card..Delta 44?

Tonato17

Hi everybody, i am new at this forum and i m very pleased to be part of it. I am a music student (and a music fan!) from Bs. As, Argentina.
I am posting cause i have a few questions about a new card i am going to buy. I was recomended to buy the M Audio Delta 44. Acording to what i read i think its a really good card. The thing is that i will use midi ports to use an old dx7 as a controler keyboard (and as you know that card has not midi ports). I now have a Sound Blaster Live! and i am using its midi port. I thought i could buy the delta 44 and use the DX7 as a controler via the the sound blaster.... i mean, one card to manage all the recordings (m audio) and another (s blaster) only for the midi. Is that posible? and, is it convenient??? I hope all your answers that will help me a lot to decide my future sound card...Thanks a lot from now....
Regards...

Toni

Delta is a good card...and yep the soundblaser should work with it.

I would get a dedicated USB Midi Interface tho... you will find the results much better, tighter, and driver integrations much easier than stuffing around with 2 x PCI audio cards...

I have a Roland LM-4 USB Midi 4x4 and a MidiMan 2x2 USB Midi - They all run rock solid and never go out of sync, don't know if you will be able to say that with a SoundBlaster Live. But, for the time being yep it will work most definately.

Hi, thanks a lot for answering! =)
So i will buy the delta 44 and use a USB for the midi! ;)
Thank you...

Now I would like to ask you one more question:
I am from Bs. As. Argentina, and i have a friend that will be in Miami next week. Do you know a good place to buy the sound card? i will also buy a mic (i am considering the at 3035) and a pre (m audio dmp3)
I was told to buy it in Sam Ash store....Do you know another better store?? (what do you think about ebay?)
Wait for your answers...Thanks a lot! :):)

Back