sound blaster live

tj jr.

i have a sound blaster live. I run my md8 in to the soundblaster live for my "mix down". it sounds like shyt. Im pretty sure its the sounc card. Any suggestions on a cheap sound card that will sound good to record "in". I use cool edit and i tried taking the signal in low then "normalizeing" it. that still doesnt sound good. I only get like the bass and treble . everything else is there,but it sounds twangy. any help??
thankx in advance.
tj

You can find a number of great 24bit/96kHz cards now for less than $200. I recently added an Echo Mia and was shocked at the difference --- it's worth it!!!

I kept my SBLive card in to handle Soundfonts, MIDI and CD-audio and both cards work great together. Any of the 24/96 cards out there will be a great step up.

Here's a great guide I found while shopping for my card:

http://www.bway.net/~rongon/home_rec/soundcard.html

you keep the soundblaster live in for cd audio ?? what do you mean ? for playback?? Not for recording right?
thanx in advance,
tj

Yes, the dedicated audio cards do not have a connector for the audio from the CD-Rom. (Kinda dumb..... how many people don't play CDs in their computer????)

The point was that I can use both soundcards simultaneously.

Back