Sound absorbtion panels

jumptactic

Evening all, great forum here. Having been dabbling in home recording for some years now, I've finally got to the stage whereby the recording setup I have is being let down by the rooms in which I'm recording. It's my plan to build some bass traps that are versatile enough to use when recording drums, guitars and vocals. My plan is to take plasterboard and attach RW3 Rockwool, and then cover with a thick duvet. I'm hoping that by making 6 (or so) of these panels, I can construct an isolation box for recording guitars, and place them on walls for recording drums and vocals. In my head, this seems to me to be a good combination of price (obviously budget is an issue), sound isolation with the plasterboard (while not essential this would be a bonus) and absorption with the Rockwool/duvet.

Any thoughts? If my idea is utter crap, please tell me! Cheers guys.

Wouldn't the plasterboard be pretty heavy? You might be better off making some rolling Gobos. Basically they have absorbtion on one side and sometimes diffusion on the other, they are partitions on wheels that you can just roll up against the wall when you don't need them to isolate stuff.

Evening all, great forum here. Having been dabbling in home recording for some years now, I've finally got to the stage whereby the recording setup I have is being let down by the rooms in which I'm recording. It's my plan to build some bass traps that are versatile enough to use when recording drums, guitars and vocals. My plan is to take plasterboard and attach RW3 Rockwool, and then cover with a thick duvet. I'm hoping that by making 6 (or so) of these panels, I can construct an isolation box for recording guitars, and place them on walls for recording drums and vocals. In my head, this seems to me to be a good combination of price (obviously budget is an issue), sound isolation with the plasterboard (while not essential this would be a bonus) and absorption with the Rockwool/duvet.

Any thoughts? If my idea is utter crap, please tell me! Cheers guys.

What kind of rooms are we talking about here ? how big, how tall,what the ceiling and floor made of ? Any windows,thin doors ? What floor your on etc. This info will help with suggestions.

Back