Sorry Ms Jackson (i am for real)

yiordanaki

Hey knowledgeable friends,

If you have some spare time / are interested have a listen to this.......

Ms Jackson

Its a cover of the vines song which is a cover of that outKast song.
I played and sang it all and it was recorded at Tukkis' Home rec 'studio'.

Any comments / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again
yiordanaki

Hey Yio....

....Ive never hear the vines cover, but Ive always really liked the Outkast song. Since i never heard the Vines cover, I cant tell wether or not you took your interpretation from them. Either way, its very cool. I really like the vocs in this......guits are nice too.

G

ola yiordanaki!
I also know just the Outkast version, so I cannot compare it with the Vines one.
- the vocals at 3:07 are quite overlapped, maybe panning the 2nd and 3rd voice?
- I like the two guitars, though I wouldn't let the one with the Cure-effect go over the entire song
- have you planned to put some drums on it?

Very good vocals, nice mix!

I never heard the song at all so I'm more ignorant than any of you. :D

I like it! A little too much flanging maybe...but just a little. Also...I'd like to hear more presence on the acoustic.....make it stick out a bit more.
Nice playing and singing. I don't know if you've captured the original 'cause I never heard it but your version is cool.

wow, I really liked this alot. Nice tune. vocals were very good, and I liked the synth part as well. tight work!

Attachments

• wow.gif
    wow.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 102
i like it. Muy cool. Are the Vines real big in Aus? FFigured maybe they were. HA. Sorry. Anyways, I like it a lot. VEry mellow, to suit my mood right now. I think the wierd phasy guitar stuff gets a little annoying, but it dissappears from my mind after a while. I liked it man, good job.

Hey,
I have heard the vines cover of it and you sound really really close to theirs. Good job.

I don't know either version of the song at all, but this is very good.

I agree with all the above stuff - brighten the acoustic, tame the flange/phase/chorus, pan the backing vocals at the end. But that's just details.

Great song, cool harmonies, nice simple arrangement. Laid back and easy feeling.

You've got a nice voice, and you've done a great job on this one. It goes in my "keepers" folder.

Cheers

AB

I'm a little late on this, nice tune. I didn't know the vines had covered this so I downloaded it. I liked your version better. Just for fun I recorded a drum track to it, just kinda let your song play and I improvised along to it.

Sorry fellas, Ive been away on holidays, just got back.

THANKYOU very much for the replies and comments!!

as some of you know, i basically tried to stick as close as possible to the vines version.

Guernica - thanks for listening

groovejunkie - no drums, just this., thanks for the suggestions

Lt. Bob - thanks, how do you propose i could make the acoustic stick out more? - we had to cut a little bass out of the acoustic cos there was some really weird low harmonic happening that overtook the mix - so that might be what is wrong.......

ZPphreak - thanks for listening - whos guster??

Duey - thankyou 2.

agentpenguin185 - hey, the vines arent as popular as they should be in australia - they sorta hit it "big" in america before anyone here took notice. thanks!!~

HI-Z - thanks for your comment

alibish - you're too nice - thankyou very much .

RideTheCrash - thanks for the comments. Liked my version better????? - your crazy! but thanks

fenderlikingood - good for the self -esteem - thanks

once again thanks all -
cheers
yiordanaki

ZPphreak - thanks for listening - whos guster??

DUDE! Guster is a 3-man-band and the percusionist just simply ROCKS. It's a style of their own I'd say. they guy plays congos on stage with his hands taped up. He just goes nuts. then there's a bassist and a guitarist/lead singer. They've got some really great music. I reccomend "FaFa", "Fall into you", & "So Long". The vocalist has a nice delicate sound. a true funband. I found out about them when they opened for Barenaked Ladies here in Atlanta, GA. I reccomend Guster's music to all of you guys. It's really something that you can groove to. Good-feeling Music.

Peace

Back