Sorry - but this is another 'which audio interface' thread...

Codmate

Hi all - it seems as though my M-Audio Delta66 is dying a slow painful death, so I'm looking to replace a Delta66/OmniStudio combination.

I don't need anything more than the Omnistudio provides really - 4 analogue inputs with 2 mic pre's built in is fine for my purposes. Balanced outs are a requirement naturally.
Feel free to suggest stuff that does more than I need though.

The drivers *must* be really good though.
I use this machine for games and multimedia as well as recording, so I'd like to use any new interface to hear regular Windows WME sounds, as well as ASIO.

The spec of the machine is:
ASUS P5K3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP Mainboard (Intel P35 chipset)
Intel C2D CPU (E6600)
2GB RAM
Windows XP Home (SP2)

I'd rather not go with another PCI card, as my mainboard (and my VGA card) runs really really hot!

I was looking at MOTU and Presonus stuff primarily - but any suggestions would be appreciated becuase the recent explosion in audio interfaces has me totally baffled.

Budget is anything up to £1500.

Many many thanks in advance.

The presonus Firebox would fit your requirements. I upgraded my Delta44/Yamaha mixer to a Firepod a couple of years back and it was well worth it. Is the 1500 just for an interface, or you getting other gear as well?

The presonus Firebox would fit your requirements. I upgraded my Delta44/Yamaha mixer to a Firepod a couple of years back and it was well worth it. Is the 1500 just for an interface, or you getting other gear as well?

It could be just for the interface, but naturally I wouldn't mind a cheaper interface *and* a cheap LDC mic or three ;)

I'm certainly no pro recording studio, so that money on an interface would be overkill probably.
I was looking at the MOTU UltraLite yesterday - but I hear the drivers can be a touch sketchy on Windows machines?

The Firebox looks like an excellent cheaper option though - so many thaks for that!
It certainly has everything I need.
I'll have a look at some reviews - cheers!

Back