sore when singing low

RSJ

I'm sort of new to singing. I can sing in a mid key for hours.
But If I sing in a low key I only seem to be able to last for about 3 songs.

I get the feeling to need to cough and if I try to push on more it just hurts all the more, to a point where I have to stop.
I know I'm maybe just singing too low but it just seems odd how I'm 100% for the first few songs.

What I'm wanting to ask really is, Will I get used to this? and be able to stand more with practice or should I stay away from this range?

This is just singing at home, I'm trying to find a style to use with a band.

Maybe by using a bit too much air? I'm not sure. I just like the way it sounds. If you think on the lines of Chris rea

But after awhile it does hurt in the lower part of the throat,

Well, if you go low enough, and you happen to have a bit of seasonal allergies, it tends to hurt sometimes. Since you haven't mentioned high ranges, I'm going to assume that if you do go to high ranges, it hurts too, after a while.

I never really thought much of low notes, so I'm not really sure what "good" sounding low notes are.

Hi, I appreciate your help,

I guess I'll have to do some recordings.

I can hit very high notes (I'm male by the way) But at the same time I couldn't stay in that range for very long. but yeah I guess If I tried that would also hurt too.
I just find it odd that I can do it for a bit. I was just thinking on the lines of the voice being a muscle therefore it should be able to keep getting better at it, I dunno...

It's a hard thing to talk about I guess. I'll do some recordings over the next few days and post them up thanks

Back