sony oxford

nascentjunkie

I was just wondering if any of you all have used the sony oxford effects that are avalible as... well some sort of effects plug in, prob. direct x or something... At my work we for some reason bought a sony oxford console and its pretty crazy stuff, but I'm not sure I like the compressors and stuff on it... But don't get me wrong a 128 channel automated fader board is sorta fun... haha. Thanks for any input given!

I've used the dmx100. I believe the 2 are related.
Anyway, I liked the CONTROL you can get over the compressors and eq.
However, I absolutely HATE the sound of the board. Way too digital IMO.
Also its a PITA to operate. Too many screens to go through

As always, IMO

Well - to each his own... I have the DMXR100 and not only does it sound positively stunning, once you become familiar with it, I find it's very easy to work with.

And you mix in ProTools, yet call the DMXR100 "too digital sounding"??? I've yet to hear ITB summing sound better than the summing on the Sony...

YES! To each their own! :D

Yeah I mix it PT, But I am moving away from that too :)
Heading more towards the analog summing craze that is going around. We'll see how THAT works out!

The sony board to me has too many layers to sort through.
But like I said, I DO love the controll it gives you over the comps and eqs.
In the end though, I'm much happier with just a mouse click or two. BTW, that's how I mix now in PT. No controller

Oh yeah... as always IMO :) :p

For plugins, the Sony stuff for Powercore is pretty nice actually. As far as consoles go, about the only thing the Oxford and DMX have in common is the Sony name. Both are great consoles in their own right, but very different sounding animals.

xstatic said:
. As far as consoles go, about the only thing the Oxford and DMX have in common is the Sony name. Both are great consoles in their own right, but very different sounding animals.

I've always wondered abou that. Thanks for fillin' me in....

thanks

thanks for replies. The funny thing about the oxford board is I don't actually like it... It has power and does the job, but only when it works. The thing actually crashes a lot. Like loading/saving snapshots and all that shit. If it worked good and didn't crash I would love it, but its just too damn complex with a unix operating system... haha. thanks again.

Back