Sony NetMD

Milkman

Hi All,

I'm looking for advice on what Sony Minidisc model to purchase. Basically, I want to go away from various live events (mostly my own) with a rough recording that I can edit up on my computer. I want a MiniDisc recorder that can record from a mic, but am not sure what model would be best for this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Milkman

I have a NetMD MZ-NF610, and you can record with a mic, but as far as I know you can't copy files from MD to PC, just from PC to MD.

Yep, that's right. No MD to PC transfers... :(

Somebody hack the MD-drivers! :rolleyes: :D

Has Sony already solved the "you can only adjust record levels when in pause mode" design flaw?

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've got a SPDIF and all, would that allow for MD to PC transfers? What about transfer through the optical output?

Thanks.

Mr. Milk, it doesn't matter which port you're using, you just can't send files from MD to PC. BTW, I upload files to my MD via USB.

BloodShark said:
Mr. Milk, it doesn't matter which port you're using, you just can't send files from MD to PC. BTW, I upload files to my MD via USB.

Nah, I'm thinking of recording the audio from the MD onto computer in some fashion (I've got a mixer and all). Sounds too complex though to be worth it.

Just run the headphone output into the mixer, or into your mic-in jack to your computer and record like you're recording a guitar or mic.

Back