Sony headphone referb?

SouthSIDE Glen

independentrecording.net
The foam surrounds on my Sony MDR7506 phones have definitely seen better days. They still perform perfectly fine, though. Anybody know of a source where I might be able to order just the foam padding rather than replace the whole kaboodle?

G.

Just for reference, Sony has a complete schematic on the packaging for the 7506's so you can figure out exactly what part number you need:)

Just for reference, Sony has a complete schematic on the packaging for the 7506's so you can figure out exactly what part number you need:)
Any packaging it my phones may have come in/with has probably been mostly decomposed in the local landfill for several years now :).

Unlike most of my larger gear for which I have kept the boxes and packing and docs, most of the small stuff like headphones and such I have not bothered keeping that stuff for.

I suppose I could head down to the local GC and ask to check out one of their packages. Thanks for the tip, x. :)

G.

I figured the original packaging was gone, but I figured that wherever sells the headphones locally, you could look at the back of the package there and show them what part and number you need:D

Any packaging it my phones may have come in/with has probably been mostly decomposed in the local landfill for several years now :).

Unlike most of my larger gear for which I have kept the boxes and packing and docs, most of the small stuff like headphones and such I have not bothered keeping that stuff for.

I suppose I could head down to the local GC and ask to check out one of their packages. Thanks for the tip, x. :)

G.

SONIXX gave you the part # above. They are still available at B&H

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/283532-REG/Sony_211566803_Replacement_Pad_for_Sony.html

I figured the original packaging was gone, but I figured that wherever sells the headphones locally, you could look at the back of the package there and show them what part and number you need:D
I also figure that with the original Sony part number I might be able to order it direct from Sony for cheaper than $18 a pair. I can't help it, it's the Bohemian blood in me ;).

G.

Yep, and that info is much appreciated, as I let him know via rep message.

As far as I can tell, that # is the B&H stock number, whcih is great for ordering from B&H. They show a MFR number too, but I'm not sure if that referrs to the mfr part number of B&H's ID number for the maufacturer itself.

At any rate, I'm going to consider B&H a sure fallback position. I have the feeling that B&H at that price is getting a margin of a good 70 points or so as is fairly typical for such retail accessories. I'm going to try some more direct channel possibilities.

G.

We still talking about Sony selling refer???:eek:
The Japanese eat their weed raw. The good news is they sure can roll 'em tight. The bad news is an hour after you eat 'em you're straight again. ;)

Now, good ol Carribbian cuisine, jerked and smoked, in a loose loose burrito of a fattie is more like it. Good news is it will satisfy the whole band, and even though they will play even worse - if that's possible - everybody will think they sound great. The bad news is, an hour later you're *really* hungry.

:D

G.

Yep, and that info is much appreciated, as I let him know via rep message.

As far as I can tell, that # is the B&H stock number, whcih is great for ordering from B&H. They show a MFR number too, but I'm not sure if that referrs to the mfr part number of B&H's ID number for the maufacturer itself.

At any rate, I'm going to consider B&H a sure fallback position. I have the feeling that B&H at that price is getting a margin of a good 70 points or so as is fairly typical for such retail accessories. I'm going to try some more direct channel possibilities.

G.

Ok, I found this part number X21131241 on BSW http://www.bswusa.com/proditem.asp?item=X21131241

I put it into the Sony website and got a cross reference.
http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/ecom/accessories/web/productSearch.do
(enter the part number in the search box at the top right and select the part number radio button)

New part number 211566803, $5.95 ! (no guarentees about the correctness of the replacement)

Last edited:
I bought a pair of V6's used (same cans iirc)
Yep. There are actually three different models/model numbers that I know of: V600, V6 and 7506 (all MDR prefix) that, as far as I can tell, are identical headphones, just marketed to different vertical markets or at different times. I actually started out with a V600 years ago, which was marketed in consumer audio specialty stores like what Tweeter is nowdays, and found no difference in look, feel, sound, or price between those and the 7506 which is marketed to the pro/prosumer community these days. The only difference was the model number on the backplate. EDIT: Although the pads on the 600 were rubberized/fake leather-coated and not velour-coated.

I haven't yet checked out your link, I'm typing first and asking questions later :). But thanks for the lead, Steve, I'll take a look in a minute...
Ok, I found this part number X21131241 on BSW http://www.bswusa.com/proditem.asp?item=X21131241

I put it into the Sony website and got a cross reference.
http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/ecom/accessories/web/productSearch.do
(enter the part number in the search box at the top right and select the part number radio button)

New part number 211566803, $5.95 ! (no guarentees about the correctness of the replacement)
Wow, thanks for doing the legwork, Eric. If you looked halfway decent in a skirt (and didn't have extra parts between your legs) I'd hire you as my secretary! ;):D

G.

...Wow, thanks for doing the legwork, Eric. If you looked halfway decent in a skirt (and didn't have extra parts between your legs) I'd hire you as my secretary! ;):D

G.

Hey, if the pay is good I can where a dress!:eek:

But if you do order those pads let us know if there decent. Mine are still in pretty good shape but I might go ahead and get some of these for later while the price is good

Back