Sony ECM290F

telewacker43

Hi all, I just picked up a Sony ECM290F mic at a yard sale. The fellow worked at a radio station for many years and this mic left with him. It is a condencer onmi directional and has a switch on it M or V . Just wondered if anyone has used one or even heard of this particular model. I paid 35.00 for it so all is not lost if it is crap.

telewacker43 said:
Hi all, I just picked up a Sony ECM290F mic at a yard sale. The fellow worked at a radio station for many years and this mic left with him. It is a condenser onmi directional and has a switch on it M or V . Just wondered if anyone has used one or even heard of this particular model. I paid 35.00 for it so all is not lost if it is crap.
You can put in a 6V or 12V battery instead of the 1.5 AA batery and really improve the dynamic range and lower the noise. M is Music and V is Voice (bass rolloff). It's not a bad mic. The electret material Sony used wasn't all that stable, so the sensitivity may be down a bit now after 20 years.

Harvey, must I put in a battery, or can I just use phantom power? Also where would I acsess the mic for the battery? Thanks for your reply. Tom

telewacker43 said:
Harvey, must I put in a battery, or can I just use phantom power? Also where would I acsess the mic for the battery? Thanks for your reply. Tom
Doesn't the body unscrew from the head?

Back