Sony Architect CD burning program

:D Yo Sonic folks:

Not sure if I'm in the right place to ask this; however, I did see a mention of "The Architect PC program."

Question: Would it be worth while to buy the Sony Architect CD Burn/Rip program which runs around 100 pezzutos?

I have Windows Media but it doesn't really excite me with its programs.

Any comments are always appreciated.

Thanks,
Green Hornet :D :cool: :)

Yo Mr insect with a butt bite in the shade of pre-ripening... :D

I bought CD arch. when it first came out for around $325 and it was worth it then. Nowadays, if you get the latest version of Sound Forge it is included. If you are just doing casual CD burning...naw, there is too much free stuff. But if you want (extremely custom) cross fades, move track markers where ever you want, adjust song spaces to whatever you feel works best, hidden tracks, etc, etc.. CD is the ONLY program that I am aware of that is the deep. I don't think Wavelab even gets this complete. CD Arch in its latest version also has buffer overun protection... not sure if that is actually an issue nowadays on new computers, and a variety of plugins to help out too... which you can use in your multitrack programs also.

Like I say, if you want "plain jane" CD burning...get the free stuff. If you want the BEST you can buy...and at $100 nowadays is a STEAL, CD Arch is the ONLY game in town. I honestly can't think of anything that you might want to do regarding setting up and burning a CD that this program cannot do. It really IS that good.

don't ask about activation/registration, etc... it's a royal pain and if you buy a new computer or a new hardrive... even a reformat... well... I think there are hoops there too. But, I did it and that says that anyone can do it.

BTW, in the "old days," the program only supported a handful of drives, and it was VERY important that you checked that out, and made sure your optical drive of choice was supported. However, I believe they pretty much support just about anything out, that is of half decent quality. I bought a generic Dell... worked fine. Before I was using the Plextor stuff (back when), and it was great. My new budget Dells do the trick too.

I won't tell you about the $$ I lost in the bursting of the "tech bubble" when I owned a bunch of Sonic Foundry stock. I saw it go from $120 to 50 cents in a couple of months. :( I really didn't lose what it sounds like, but the stock was SO volital prior to Sony buying them up, it was like a carnival ride. I just wish I could have caught it at $15 and jumped off at $125 a month later when it was really flying.

Yo MixMkr:

Thanks for quality information on architect. I'm running Windows XP and just got a Plextor CD/DVD reader as my original Gateway burner burned out!

I'm using the 2816 and usually burn my CDs there! However, I get some files from friends via the PC and would like a better program to rip/burn CDs.

Thanks again for your expertise.

Vespa Verde/aka Green Hornet :D :) :D

Definitely worth the price, I would say it's worth even more than the price. When I first checked it out I was surprised at how little it cost so I bought it. :D

I bought CD Architect 5 last year because I heard you could set the gaps between tracks. I've recorded a number of live performances where the band seque'ed right into another song. With CD Arch I can make two separate tracks and close the gap seamlessly so they sound like one continuous track.

I had been using Windows Media player, which goes through preparation and conversion processes for each burn. CD Arch will let you burn multiple CDs off the same image.

Love CDA, but it doesn't handle all drives well. My Dell CD burner is one it chokes on - have to use the DVD burner instead.

\haven't checked for a CDA upgrade lately
\\haven't checked for a new driver for my CD writer either
\\\not sure I could recreate the problem anyhow
\\\\so I recommend several grains of salt to go with this post

Back