Sony Acid 6 Pro Question

Billyo488

I want to know how to fade effects in and out.
Say i have a long guitar slide and i want a distorting effect to fade in and get powerfull at the end. How would i fade the effect in?

I want to know how to fade effects in and out.
Say i have a long guitar slide and i want a distorting effect to fade in and get powerfull at the end. How would i fade the effect in?

1 - Select the track on your channel strip
2 - Right click on the track
3 - Select "Insert/Remove Envelope" > "FX Automation"
4 - In the "FX Automation Chooser" Click on Distortion in the FX chain at the top
5 - Check the box for "Wet Out"
6 - Click OK

Now you should see a horizontal line through the track in the workspace. This is your envelope for the Distortion Wet Mix. You can drag it up and down to change the distortion level. If you double click the line you'll add points to it and the line can be bent or curved at these points. Mousing over the points will display a popup showing you the value at that point in dB.

So for example, if you want to make distortion 2dB louder for a small section and then return to the previous level you'll need to add 4 points to the line. Two before the section where you want the increase and two after it. Now you'll be able to drag the part of the line in the middle up and down without moving the rest of it. As you drag the line you can see the value changing in the popup. Drag up till it reads +2dB.

The parts of the line that are now bent can have different curves applied to them for different types of fades. To use a certain fade curve you right click over a bent section of line and choose one of the curves like "smooth fade" or "sharp fade".

Note: When you check the level by mousing over the points in the envelope line they do not reflect the setting of the actual control in the plugin's parameter page. So if your distortion wet is set to -1.7dB in the parameter page for the plugin the envelope level will show 0dB. Poor programming there :rolleyes:

damm taht was a GREAT tutorial - IM TEMPTED TO GO TRY IT ON A TRACK OF MINE - OOPS I AITN GOT NOT MUSIC TO LOAD INTO THE DAMM SOFTWARE . . . LOL\

CAN THAT BE DONE ON THE KORG TRITON? HOW SO?

damm taht was a GREAT tutorial - IM TEMPTED TO GO TRY IT ON A TRACK OF MINE - OOPS I AITN GOT NOT MUSIC TO LOAD INTO THE DAMM SOFTWARE . . . LOL\

CAN THAT BE DONE ON THE KORG TRITON? HOW SO?

Thanks man! Just to experiment with the envelope features you can just add your favorite drum loop and draw several measures of it. In fact, I process my drum loops like this alot because I like to have FX that change over time.

I don't own a Triton so I'm no help with that.

gullyjewelz

You can't do it on your Triton.

But... you could use the Triton to play into Acid. You could record what you play, as midi or audio.

Then, you could apply the envelopes (in Acid) that you want to the new midi, audio, or converted midi-to-audio tracks (render-to-new-track [ctrl-m]).

:D

Back