sonusman should i

Let's see, you original thread (the one that you didn't use the "Reply" button in...so you started THIS thread) didn't mention anything about a HD24 in it. You initially ask "how do I sync it". THAT is all bro. You didn't say to what!!!

You haven't provided much information about the syncing capabilities of the Akai. How can anybody answer your question. You should possibly visit a forum where more specific to your Akai product to learn more about it capabilities, then you can come back here and ask specific questions about the HD24's capabilities.

As a nice gesture, I did your homework for you! (I KNOW you think I am being an ass here.........oh well, don't look to gift horse in the mouth! ;)) It would appear that possibly the Akai will chase to Midi Time Code, or will generate it. The HD24 appears to generate Midi Time Code and possibly chase to it too. While MTC is not the most reliable, nor the tightest tracking time code around, it will probably work for you. All's you will need is a midi cable between the two units, and you will have to read the manuals to figure out how to set each unit to talk to each other, and you should be able to "sync" via MTC.

One unit will need to be the "master" time code generator, and other will need to "slave" to it. Your most reliable option would be to have the HD24 be "master" and the Akai "slave".

You will have to record analog in to the HD24 from the Akai, unless you can find a S/PDIF to ADAT Lightpipe adapter, then you could record digital in on the HD24 from the Akai. Going analog though would give you more options of how you can shape the sound while your record.

Good luck.

Ed

thanx sonusman

RESPECT!////nice studio as well mate!/////while i'm at it i'd like to ask you if you know of any sync device that will give me a tempo map and change the mmc or mtc midi signal from the hd24 to midi clock////i've been looking at the akai piece but as of now i own a couple-o-roland drm machines and keyboards that only sync to midi clock and as you know the hd24 again only sends mmc or mtc with NO tempo map again thanx for your time and info//////guidence/one love, da doctah

Oh, and I will let the studio owner know you like the studio. :)

But those pics are very dated, and don't reflect the remodel we did to the whole facility that were just finished yesterday. Some new gear too. Very big and cool changes.

Ed

Back