SONTRONICS Helios Tube Mic

jimfrusciante

Hi

I'm just researching mics, and have difficulty placing those new ones that are based upon the look of Neumanns in particular.

My suspicion that this (SONTRONICS Helios Tube Mic) Isn't anything special, since it has a story to go with it, and pinched its style from the Bottle mic, but I don't really know how to tell if perhaps someone knew what they were doing when they made it.

Is there any way that I can tell the quality of new mics compared to the ones I can place in recordings and testimonials?
I'm not really up on jargon and Scientific graphs and projections, can only really understand what I can hear in a familiar system.

I know thats abstract but any discussion is welcomed,

Cheers

Jim

Sontronics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have purchased the sigma ribbon mic and returned it somthing loose inside the mic,cant tighten the over designed shockmount the nut is to small so mic angle keeps dropping during recording , its noisey and very low on output evn though its phantom powered.

the mounting screws on all the large body mics are a nightmare and fall apart when trying to tighten or slack off !! the polar switches are loose and you get a feeling that they will be the first thing to breakdown

the Orpheus has the same sound as a Behringer B1 only difference is around £250 pounds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very unsatisfied with these mics , maybe you have a different experience

So boo to Sontronics

Back