Sonor Force 3003

Enrique

Give me your opinions on this kit. Pros/Cons... if its worth the money for the black sparkle, lol, everything. Thanks!

I wasn't going to post, because I'm by no means an authority. However, I will tell you my experience so far.

I recently (past couple of months) purchased my first drumset. I a not a drummer (until now), but I have been a musician for sevearal years playing guitar, bass currently, as well as other instruments as a youngster.

Originally, I got interested in getting drums for 2 reasons. First, I wanted to learn at least the rudiments of all the instruments (for a rock band anyway). Second, I want to be able to create and record my own music and just hate drum machines.

Anyway, after looking around a bit I ended up getting a great deal on a Sonar Force 3003 kit off of ebay.

From the research I did I discovered that the Sonar's, which I was not familiar with, are indeed a good mid level kit on par with Pearl Export, Tama Rockstar, and similar kits in that range.

Having the kit now in my possession and set up -- currently in my livingroom until I can finish the basement for its fianal home -- I can say that the drums do sound very good. The previous owner put on Aquarian heads and all the toms have a clear, nice tone with out unwarrented ring. The snare is also very nice and The hardware seems fairly sturdy. I am quite happy with the whole set.

The one thing I did not bargin for and I should add --- cymbals are expensive!
Being the gear geek I am I did spend probably a great deal more than I should have (considering I'm a beginner), but I wanted good stuff. I ended up with a very nice set of cymbals that really help to make the whole kit sound great!

In conclusion, the Sonar kit from my limited experience is well made and has a good tone. Be sure to factor in the cost of cymbals when you are ready to buy.

Good luck and happy hitting

:D

Hey man, thanks for the reply. Ya, I'm not to worried about cymbals, thankfully! I have a few that I will carry over onto my new set, which WILL be a Sonor Force 3003. I'm just looking for opinions on the kit. I wanted to see if what I've supposedly read/heard about this kit holds up. I know I have to play it b/c my ears might hear something different... but I never dismiss reviews! :)

Back