Sonor 7 PE / Vista / realtek driver prob.

ripingitar

I have a new Athlon 64 Dual core and just installed Sonar 7 PE on it. However, when I start the program it gives me a message that say something to the effect " No compatible Drivers found" And when I load a Cakewalk Bundle in it it wont play. I tried Wdm , Asio and MME settings in the prog and none of them will work, I also installed updated Drivers
from realtek website ..same problem .. I know its a stock soundcard but The realtek on another computer(xp) worked fine with cakewalk? I have a delta 1010lt I may try switching from another Pc I have. I downloaded vista drivers for the Dalta already but havent installed them or the card. Any IDEAS????

Never got realtek to work but I installed the Delta with updates drivers from M audios site for vista and it works great.

Sonar Pe/realtic

Never got realtek to work but I installed the Delta with updates drivers from M audios site for vista and it works great.

I had a problem like that with my new dual Core computer with Sonar

I had to select "Reallek Hd rear output 1/2" and "Reallek Digital input"
in " Options Audio" in sona

If you are recording in track view You have to select ""sterio line in /mike in' and
"Reallek HD audio Rear output 1/2"

That worked for me
belvee

I don't think Sonar ever had realtek audio solutions in mind when they designed their software. You're much better of with the Delta.

Yup, realtek is crummy sound solution that comes integrated with motherboards or on consumer level sound cards. You'd never get a decent quality out of it, I'd say.

Realtek is a prob but Vista is/will be a bigger one due to their lecencing agreements re drivers & software - too agressive & leaving many out in the cold. On top of which is stinks at present.

I have been using Vista Ultimate x64 for over 8 months now, and my only complaint is that the drivers for my E-MU PCI 0404 still suck. But thats what I get for still using a creativelabs product. So, yeah stick with that 1010 it is far better than the realtek.

Back