sonor 3 producer error upon launch

1manband

ok, so i installed a copy of sonor 3 producer i got from a buddy and it installs fine, upon clicking the icon, it states: this beta version has expired, please destroy it in accordance with the beta agreement. any idea?.............anyone, i am dying to use it and i get this crap!

it hurts to see posts like this, after waiting so patiently to purchase my copy of sonar 4 producer. the things people expect to just be given to them, sheesh. i paid for my copy and i still feel like i robbed them, especially after the cakewalk customer discount.

heroics321 said:
it hurts to see posts like this, after waiting so patiently to purchase my copy of sonar 4 producer. the things people expect to just be given to them, sheesh. i paid for my copy and i still feel like i robbed them, especially after the cakewalk customer discount.

I for one applaud your integrity, Sir. It pains me too.

We had a guy actually get pissed off here because people wouldn't help him learn to use his pirated software.

Hold The Phone

hold on people, hold on before the lynching begins. I paid 200 bucks for the disk from a friend who worked at a large guitar chain, he bought the sonor 4 edition and i asked him to sell me the sonor 3 (at a darn good price i might add) it is not pirated, well not under the classic definition of pirated. Im a deputy sheriff and a church going man, i wouldnt expect to receive anything for free. If i am still just as bad as a pirater for getiing it this cheap, then i guess im a pirate. So anyways, i guess my question has been inadvertantly answered, this must be a blocker of some sort in place for this very reason huh? if so then i want my money back. anywho, glad to see the world of musicians are alert and prepared for the ever increasing threat of; "software terrorism. Good job everybody and keep up the good work, and does anyone know how i can rectify my situation short of getting my moneyback and buying the sonor 3 outright?

1manband said:
hold on people, hold on before the lynching begins. I paid 200 bucks for the disk from a friend who worked at a large guitar chain, he bought the sonor 4 edition and i asked him to sell me the sonor 3 (at a darn good price i might add) it is not pirated, well not under the classic definition of pirated. Im a deputy sheriff and a church going man, i wouldnt expect to receive anything for free. If i am still just as bad as a pirater for getiing it this cheap, then i guess im a pirate. So anyways, i guess my question has been inadvertantly answered, this must be a blocker of some sort in place for this very reason huh? if so then i want my money back. anywho, glad to see the world of musicians are alert and prepared for the ever increasing threat of; "software terrorism. Good job everybody and keep up the good work, and does anyone know how i can rectify my situation short of getting my moneyback and buying the sonor 3 outright?

First off, if he "upgraded" to Sonar 4 (i.e., accepted an upgrade version at a discount), he no longer has/had any rights to Sonar 3. As such, he could not legally sell it to you. Ownership rights to the software would have transferred to the Sonar 4 version.

Secondly, you said your copy says "beta" version when you start it up. Beta versions are normally debugging versions that are provided by software developers gratis to individuals who have agreed to evaluate the software. Here again, your "friend" had no ownership and no legal standing to sell the software. In fact, he probably signed some type of formal agreement with Cakewalk before he even received the copy.

I can't figure out any way that you have not recieved "stolen property" here - regardless of the fact that you paid for it. As a deputy sheriff, you should well understand your status here.

I would immediately ask this turkey for my money back, or threaten to report the theft to Cakewalk. I imagine Cakewalk can probably trace back the beta software through the serial number. In fact, I might report him even he gave me my money back.

1manband said:

It's not "software terrorism", asshole. I suggest you find another BBS to post your bitches to if that's your attitude. Here's a good one. Be sure and register so you can post your question there.

http://www.cakewalk.com/forum/tt.asp?forumid=5

I just paid $300 for the upgrade from CWPA9 to Sonar4PE.

Programmers need to eat too. And there are plenty of software programmers on this BBS.

The sw has told you what it's status is. It's even told you to destroy it! But you just wanna know a workaround.

Good thing you're one of the "honest" cops, eh???

Ask your pastor "WWJD".

Last edited:
Mr c7sus

Well i gotta say that your malicious attack on me has got to be the worst treatment i have ever received on this or any other board i have ever posted on. If i am in the wrong for what i have done, i will accept that and i will be the first one to handle the consequenses for my actions. I realize now that i was just caught up in the moment of getting my hands on a killer product at a great price and did not think that it was hurting anyone, i am human and am allowed(thankfully) a few mistakes in my lifetime that i can freely admit to having had made here, however, your attack with words on me personally is quit a shame, you do not know me and your sarcasm concerning myself and the fact that i said i was a church going man is down right wrong. i can only hope you have another outlet in you life to vent such frustrations and pent up emotion. i guess i should just roll with this and leave it at that but i find it hard to believe i can be accosted on a message board for a simple mistake. i will be the better man and say that i am sorry for offending you, and any other person i have offended on this board. i will return the product and purchase it outright. I can admit when i am wrong. I am wrong here and i only wish the rest of the board can forgive me, as for you, i do not care, you have shown yourself to be a rude, unhappy person for which i have no time. good riddens. And when i do talk to my pastor as you instructed, you most certainly will be the topic of discussion. (like why there are people in this world who are the way they are.)

It was the "software terrorism" remark. I thought that whole line was pretty condescending.

Pretty thin-skinned for a cop, I must say.

If nothing else at least we have convinced you to "do the right thing."

Good riddence to me? HAHAHA!!!

Have a nice life. :)

Last edited:
c7sus said:
It was the "software terrorism" remark. I thought that whole line was pretty condescending.

Pretty thin-skinned for a cop, I must say.

If nothing else at least we have convinced you to "do the right thing."

Good riddence to me? HAHAHA!!!

Have a nice life. :)
Thin skinned for a cop huh?............perhaps a little, I tend to think that after 12 years of public service where on a good day i took, handled, and had to wade through more shit then i am sure you or most other people would care to, to be called names by a person with a huge case of what i call: "internet bravado", is tough to take. YOU SAY THAT I WAS CONDESCENDING ,...... I was just making a small joke about the harsh response i received from the get go. You apparently do not have any real issues of real importance in your life to worry about, i actually envy you for that. Oh to live such a simple life where such un-important things consume your day...............by the way, what did you call me?.oh yes; asshole!, the next time you are in fear for your life or need help or are about to get the crap stomped out of you, i guarantee you are not going to call the cakewalk help hotline, you are going to call a cop, when you do, and they always do, make sure you tell the cop that comes out to pull your ass to safety that you had a conflict with a cop online, explain the story to him or her, then tell them that you called the cop a crooked cop over the deal. Please , oh please post a follow up on here so i can hear how your surgery went. have a nice day. Lets hope you do not believe in karma

1manband said:
by the way, what did you call me?.oh yes; asshole!, the next time you are in fear for your life or need help or are about to get the crap stomped out of you, i guarantee you are not going to call the cakewalk help hotline, you are going to call a cop, when you do, and they always do, make sure you tell the cop that comes out to pull your ass to safety that you had a conflict with a cop online, explain the story to him or her, then tell them that you called the cop a crooked cop over the deal. Please , oh please post a follow up on here so i can hear how your surgery went. have a nice day.
So this is what cops are about. Beating the shit out of someone for not liking another cop? Dude without any of your badges you'd be the one with your ass kicked. I don't care wtf you've seen, heard, done, doesn't make you any more of a person living in this fucked up place then him. You're the one that fucked up now your putting your fuck up on him? He spoke his opinion. This is the land of freedom is it not? W/e. Just live the rest of your life like this and wait what was it..........oh yeah karma will get you too.

livilnik

I didnt say "I" was going to anything, learn to read and understand content. And oh yeah..........mind your own business, or better yet, you try it too...................see what happens.

carry on amongst yourselves

have fun with this boys, i have more important things to do then stay glued to the internet to argue with faceless people over stupid things. i am through, carry on amongst yourselves...................

LMAO. Your about the.......................................this is what we do ey? Learn to read??? I said "YOU" were going to do something?
livilaNic said:
So this is what cops are about
Keyword:"COPS" . Go pick some more corn. Nuff said.

Harsh response from the get-go? Really? I just suggested you go to Cakewalk and BUY the sw.

Back