Sonic Highways / Dave Grohl / Foo Fighters HBO documentary

I'm about 20 years (or more) late with Nirvana. I've only really started listening to them in the last 2 or 3 years. I think they're awesome. Some great song-writing and great songs in general. The real thing. The Foo Fighters are pretty much what everyone in this thread says they are, a barrage of bar-chords and phony rebellion. There's no comparison between the 2 bands.

I'm about 20 years (or more) late with Nirvana. I've only really started listening to them in the last 2 or 3 years. I think they're awesome. Some great song-writing and great songs in general. The real thing. The Foo Fighters are pretty much what everyone in this thread says they are, a barrage of bar-chords and phony rebellion. There's no comparison between the 2 bands.

I still think that that song "My Hero" is wonderful.
Don't know anything else by them.

Curt was just an incredible force he could have banged out a tune using the ingredients off of a campbell soup can label as lyrics and it would have sounded bitchen. Quite a entertainer...

I wasn't really comparing their music....all I meant was that FF got bigger AFA the arena thing and all that kind of stuff.
Nirvana was over too soon to really get to that stage.

Music-wise...I know maybe 1 FF song off the top of my head, they do all sound the same to me.
Nirvana has a few songs I like, but I never got into the Nirvana fanaticism, and maybe that's what turned me off to them. All that shit about Cobain being some new music genius, etc.
IOW...there were other bands at the time doing the same kind of stuff...maybe way too many doing the same kind of stuff.

I wasn't really comparing their music....
I was....But honestly, I wasn't referring to what you said or didn't say. I didn't even know who said what. I was just comparing them because they both came up in this thread. :cool:

I still think that that song "My Hero" is wonderful.
Don't know anything else by them.

You should check out some Youtube on em...think you'll be surprised...the label release great high polished videos but I like their live videos better shows the real deal...

Back