songs needed

lucid

i am sick of not knowing good songs to play when there are people and an acoustic guitar lying around. no one wants to hear my stuff, so can you guys please give me some songs to learn that are good for the above-mentioned occasion?

cheers...

People allways loved it when I used to play "Coming into Los Angeles" by Arlo Guthrie. It's a song about smpking pot, so it's good for a party. Click here fo lyrics. It's also really easy to play. it was one of the first songs I learned.

Acoustic guitar party tunes?
Rockie Racoon by the Beatles or damn near any Beatles tunes ALWAYS goes over well in the circles I run in.
Dear Abby by John Prine
Behind Blue Eyes by the Who
Blue Bird by Wings/McCartney
Oh Well by Fleetwood Mac
I like to pull out Mood For A Day by Steve Howe
Koom By Ya should be avoided at all costs.

You want a good icebreaker to use at a party? I don't know how it works with guys, but for a gal, this one get's everyone in the room falling all over you:

"Why Don't We Get Drunk & Screw" by Jimmy Buffett

Track rat,
We ought to get together sometime, most of those tunes used to be on my regular playlist.

Do you have the lyrics to Dear Abby? It's been so long since I played it, I've forgotten the lyrics......what a shame.

"The accident" by John Prine
"You never even call me by my name" by David Allen Coe

just to add a couple to the list.

bd

oh, "Bellbottom Blues" (Eric Clapton)

Much To Young To Feel This Damn Old, Garth Brooks..
I Remember You, Skid Row
Anything off of Jar Of Flies and Sap, Alice In Chains
Ice Cream Man, Van Halen

And on, and on......

in my crowd, these are the songs that bring the most happy. *i play the bass parts to these and people are like ??? and then i play with a guitar and people cher and cheer*

smells like teen spirit *sounds awsome on acustic*-nirvana
anything incubus
the classic, stairway to heaven
supermans dead-our lady peace
anything green day, but mostly good riddance

thats all i got for now

freak

Hurts when you realize people only want to hear songs they know, doesn't' it?

Here's the ones I turn to most:

John Denver tunes - Annie's Song, Take Me home Country Roads, Mathew, Etc...

Anything by the Beatles - Mother Nature's Son, Hide Your Love Away, Yesterday...

Espeicaly popular right now: Songs from "Oh Brother Where Art Though" - Man of Constant Sorrow, Big Rock Candy Mountain, I'm in the Jailhouse Now

Simon and Garfunkle - The Boxer, Mrs.Robinson,

Eagles - Hotel California,

Police and Sting - Every Breath You Take, Message in a Bottle, King of Pain, Fields of Gold etc

#1 rule of rock- you can never play too much Led Zepp.

Hendrix Little Wing, or Wind Cries Mary

The blues are always an easy "in" - I like Fishin' blues by Taj Mahal, "Pride and Joy" by SRV (yes, sounds great on acoustic!), Crossroads by Robert Johnson, etc etc etc

Funny songs are always an easy "in" too, like "PLease Don't Bury ME" by John Prine.

Lastly, people always enjoy hearing a song on aacoustic that they would normally never think of that way - I use "Stayin' Alive" by the BeeGees to great effect. Also "IN your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel.

A million more.....

Good luck
Aaron
http://www.voodoovibe.com

marguaritaville
wild thing
every rose has it's thorns
freinds in low places

most of th parties i hit are of th reddish neck ...maybe even a mullet or two ........peace out

Back