Song Writing Contest

evadbowl

What are the "Real" songwriting contest that can be trusted and are for real? Is "USA Songwriting Competition" for real? Im not sure who to trust. Thanks.

USA Songwriitng Competition. It seems legit - someone will win the top prize in each category and one will win overall. Their website seems to have all the info you need.
My questions to you:
- do you have a professional sounding song recording? I'm sure with the advancement of Home rec stuff they're going to expect that.
- with thousands of entries, do you think anyone will even listen to your submission?
- are you young and talented and good looking? Seems like a prerequisite.
- do you have the entry fee that you can kiss goodbye without regret?

There is a chance but it's probably slim...

I have to echo the above. USA SOng comp. seems legit. The John Lennon Songwriting Contest is also pretty cool.

The question here becomes; why? Very few people end up getting listened to by anyone who is "anyone." Yeah, the money and prizes are cool, but the clout of winning isn't going to get you a contract. I've entered JLSC twice, never heard anything back. I think the USA song Comp. will send you reviews which is cool and could be worth the entry fee. BUt there are other ways to get reviews, exposure, and such.

Just ask yourself why you want to do this.

USA Songwriitng Competition. It seems legit - someone will win the top prize in each category and one will win overall. Their website seems to have all the info you need.
My questions to you:
- do you have a professional sounding song recording? I'm sure with the advancement of Home rec stuff they're going to expect that.
- with thousands of entries, do you think anyone will even listen to your submission?
- are you young and talented and good looking? Seems like a prerequisite.
- do you have the entry fee that you can kiss goodbye without regret?

There is a chance but it's probably slim...

1-Professional sound? Yeah I would say so.

2-I would hope they listen to all entries.

3-Young, talented and good looking? What difference does it make about the young and good looking part? Song Writers are not seen very often are they?

4-Entry Fee? Does not bother me but I could use the money else where if my chances are slim.

1-Professional sound? Yeah I would say so.

2-I would hope they listen to all entries.

3-Young, talented and good looking? What difference does it make about the young and good looking part? Song Writers are not seen very often are they?

4-Entry Fee? Does not bother me but I could use the money else where if my chances are slim.

#2 - my opinion (just that) is that there are so many entries it's physically impossible to listen to them all in the time allotted.
#3 - my opinion (again) I've yet to see a winner in these contests that is old/grey haired/ugly/. They all have pro photos of the winners from the band/solo and all look like they either do it for a living or could easily.
#4 - yes your chances are slim.

My suggestion - do what I did - enter a few of these contests and see what happens. To me it's like the lottery - sure you can win but how long will it take?

Back