Song structure

Jack Real

Hi

I'm working on a new project. I would like to know what do you think about the song structure. Today, it's like that:

Intro
verse1
half intro
verse2
transition
chorus
verse3
transition
chorus
fadout chorus

The fadeout will start around 4:00. For some reason, I feel there is a need to start with 2 verses but that makes the song very long so to keep it around 4 minutes, I have removed the lead that was after the second chorus. The draft song is on my site, it is called "Right Over Here".

http://www.myspace.com/softsequences

There is no lyrics yet so don't try to understand why I'm saying.

Thanks,

Jack Real

seems doomed to failure i dont like the way the first part and the second clash with the drapes... to say nothing of you wouldn't need a bridge if ya level the floors....

Hi Jack.
Well at the moment it sounds like it's going to drag too much, even for a song that's only 4 mins, but then again how can anyone tell at this basic stage. After all, you've got so much opportunity to add plenty of little bits and pieces/padding/changes, that would hopefully make it more interesting. Mind you, it still sounds like a fairly standard structure, so my advice would be to ignore the usual, take a few chances, and try to come up something that's a bit different.

Dreamer ;)

oh i wondered what happened to this thread... i figured iwould atleast get some grief for being obtuse... my point however is it seems absurd to me trying to decide the format of a song before hand... seems to me the song itsef dictates to me... fwiw...

Hi

Thanks for the answers. Sorry for not getting back on this earlier, I was sick all weed-end. Yes, I guess it's difficult to comment on the song structure at this early stage. I will post back when the song is more advanced.

/Jack Real

Back