Song post #2

mick_mundee

Ok... This is my second song post. This one is from about 1/2 a year ago approx. It is sort of a cover/remix of the last song I posted, but different and with vocals and stuff. My friend douglas cheatwood wrote and performed the vocals, I think it was merely a joke and nothing serious. He mixed them down and alot of external noise was introduced and I should go back and try to fix it, but I need to d/l a program to convert mp3s back to wavs because I only have it in mp3 format. I have wanted to redo this song entirely because of the quality, but haven't gotten around to it. Let me know what you think!

Brian (mick_mundee)

I'm no big fan of this loopy stuff, but I don't hate it or anything....
More specifically about "Blugeoning- Doug Cheatwood mix.mp3": Yeah- you also forgot to mention the filename. :) I'm more concerned that you 'bludgeoned' the mix than with the quality of the piece itself.
Ed: if you're reading this, what are the possible causes of this kind of mud?
My guess is too many tracks mixed together
that were shabby copies of each other.

Yeah... I didnt record or mix down the vocals, so Im not sure what happened. I do know doug recorded through an old portastudio I think that he uses as a mixer and that introduces a lot of garbled noise as well as the meager and pathetic mics we have. also he added a sample from a tape he has and that introduced static too. Like I said before this isnt really me genre, I play guitar and am new to the synth, and I wanted to see if I could pump a few simple tunes out. The next song I post will be another electronic loopy style song, but after that I run out of that stuff and will have to post my band playing.

=] Thanks for the reply!

Brian

Back