Song need Feedback please...

zero00

Hello to all, here i have a new song, please tell me what you think... as always i accept every comment, so please go to town... The Song is called "Not Good Enough".

I posted this song a long time ago, but now i recorded the final vocals and made a better mix (i think), anyway, i'm listening your comments...

LightningMp3

Regards :drunk:

This is high quality performance wise. I like the guitar tones a lot. I like the synth back up voicing. The vocals are up front and clear. The one thing I find really distracting is the crashes panned so hard left and right. Doesn't sound very natural to me to have them so far separated from the rest of the kit. I'm sure that's a matter of taste and not really a criticism. Nice job.

Love the stereo image the guitars create. Love it. Sounds awesome. Love the guitar tone, too..

The drums are a different story. The performance of the drums really could use some work. There are spots where they sound good, but most of the playing needs solidifying. Some of the fills, especially.. Very spotty. The mix of the drums also needs some work. Snare is almost completely covered up in spots. Hats need to be turned down (just a bit) Kick needs more presence in there.

Vocals are not quite as good as the guitars, but much better than the drums. :)

I'm tempted to play along with this song... The song would be freaking amazing with real drums recorded properly. If you shoot me a minus-track, I'd be happy to see what kind of an acoustic drum mix I could slap on it.

zero00 and guitar zero are two different people? well I never :)

I like the guitars...missing a bit of bass on my system...yup drums are a bit weak and I think the lead vocals could do with a little more presence in the HFs as they seem a little dull against the bite of the guitars..

did sound a little like a guitarist mixed it ;)

nice one

I was thinking exactly what Poetic said about the high hat while listening, it does sound a little loud. The rest of the drums, I have no clue because I ain't a drummer. He is and is a damned good one from what I've heard of with his music, but I am a guitar player and I would like to say that the solo is friggin amazing dude. I love that sweep picking style like Marty Friedman and you do it so well.

Trump

Hey, this sounds pretty good zero. I have no experience trying to mix music like this but I think I can kinda tell what you're going for here.

I thought the guitars sounded best of all the sounds. They had a nice bite to 'em, as well as enough body to not sound thin or whatever.

The vocals, while seemingly ok volume-wise, could cut through a little better I think. I lost track of them here and there which I don't think you want to happen in a song like this.

I thought the cymbals were a little slushy and too loud and the snare should come up a bit I think...?

WOw, that sounds like a lot of stuff, but really, I thought it sounded good overall man.

zero00 and guitar zero are two different people? well I never :)

I know! I almost decided this thread would be too confusing after GZ's post! :D

This is a pretty good one.

I really like the lead guitar during the interludes between verses. (The high, kind of epic line).

Vox could probably come up during the chorus.
Hi hat could probably come down.

Otherwise, I don't think I can offer any other helpful suggestions.

Your accent still sounds cool!

Thanks to all guys, i'll try to make some adjustments during the weekend... i'm very busy this days...

PoeticIntensity: thanks for the offer, i'll try to make a track without the drums, hopefully this weekend... hope the offer continues.

Ok, then, i'll check the vocals and the drums again...

Thanks to all guys!!!

Good song and good performance. I agree with the comments about the hihat, but I'm sure you've got that fixed already. I like to hear the vox with a little less reverb, give it a more contemporary sound. Personal preference, though.

I'd like to hear the kick thumping a little more.

cool man.

Good song and good performance. I agree with the comments about the hihat, but I'm sure you've got that fixed already. I like to hear the vox with a little less reverb, give it a more contemporary sound. Personal preference, though.

I'd like to hear the kick thumping a little more.

cool man.

I agree with Chili. The mix sounds like it's swimming in reverb. I'm personally not a fan of the guitar sound. It sounds like a cheap amp and the playing isn't very tight. The rhythm guitars don't have the clear yet ballsy presence that they should. The lead tone is good but pretty cliche. That big 80's delay tone doesn't really fit to me. The solo is played very well though. The accent leads sound good. The drums need work in playing and mixing. The stuff he's doing on the hat sounds pretty bad. Steady 8th notes would be way better and really help drive the song. That choppy stuff don't work for me. But whatever. Too much overheads. Vocals and bass seem fine.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the rhythm guitar tone either. They sound washy and kind of weak. This song needs the sound of a big tube amp being driven at a high volume. Something like an older Marshall, or you could even go with a 5150 style Peavey. Something with more balls. I'm not saying that the song needs to sound more metal, but a much more powerful guitar tone would help this song immensely. The lead tone also needs a little more gain. Otherwise you need to clean up those sweeps, because the gaps in sustain (tone-wise) in them are a little distracting.

I thought this was pretty good. I liked the rhythm guitars.

The tone on the guitar riff was a bit harsh sounding. I didn't care for that.

The drumming was somewhat sloppy in spots. The snare didn't have any bite to it.

Good lead guitar in the middle. Not my style. But the playing was really good.

I didn't care for the reverb on the lead vocal. Just too much. Didn't fit the song well.

Liked the keyboard part on the left.

I'd put more vocal layers on the backing vox.

Liked the keyboard part on the left.

What keyboard??? :confused: there's no keyboard in this song... mmm maybe is the "harmony" made with the guitar. ;)

Ok, thanks to all guys... i'm going step by step... So... on this mix:

- Hats a little down
- Less reverb on vocals
- Cymbals new treatment (compression, eq, pan, an other things).
- Kick and Snare new eq en compression.

Please let me know what you think... you can A/B with the previous above.

LightningMp3 V2

Last edited:
Good tune, a bit too much reverb on the whole mix.
The guitars could use some more grit and dirt. The drum sound and performance is a bit lacking, they could be better. Voice is pretty good , just sounds a bit too wet with reverb. I wish I could solo like that....;)
You've got the basics down though.

Joey :)

Back