song I did for the movie I worked on

Badger

On advise of counsel, I am posting this. Its a song that I did for a horror movie a while back. Not my usual style, but whaddya think? The vocals and lyrics are by the lead singer of the necrotonez, Nekkie

Last edited:
DO you want us to find it via Google or something? Let's see... bdgr AND horror movie AND necrotonez...

No luck... says

Did you mean: bdgr AND horror movie AND necrobones

No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - bdgr AND horror movie AND necrotonez - did not match any documents.

LINKS... LINKS... Lynx...

Bdgr said:
On advise of counsel, I am posting this. Its a song that I did for a horror movie a while back. Not my usual style, but whaddya think? The vocals and lyrics are by the lead singer of the necrotonez, Nekkie

Eh... don't have anything against it. Think there was a little "pop" in the track there somewhere. Thumbs up.

On advise of counsel, I am emphatically stating that the link was in the original post all along.

In this second listen, I'm hearing a lot more piano :confused:

Really whacky compression on those vox... can hear it ducking...
hmmm.... this guy sounds like yer boy george maybe? Hey... nothing against him... a platinum seller. Talented, too.

Sounds like a funeral dirge for a goth, or something :) Either that or an attempt by the dude from Kajagoogoo to sing a lounge torch song...

Not bad... kinda takes you out of this here thing we call "reality" ... and puts a creepy, losing-yourself-down-a-NYC-street-at-3am thing on ya.

C

participant said:
In this second listen, I'm hearing a lot more piano :confused:

Really whacky compression on those vox... can hear it ducking...
hmmm.... this guy sounds like yer boy george maybe? Hey... nothing against him... a platinum seller. Talented, too.

Sounds like a funeral dirge for a goth, or something :) Either that or an attempt by the dude from Kajagoogoo to sing a lounge torch song...

Not bad... kinda takes you out of this here thing we call "reality" ... and puts a creepy, losing-yourself-down-a-NYC-street-at-3am thing on ya.

C

Lol, its a chick on vocals, and it was for a horror movie, so it was supposed to be creepy. The vocalist is the lead singer for a very popular goth band. that does lounge versions of songs by dead people, or people who should be dead.

Bdgr - your lawyer's an ass-worshipping cumfunnel.

Hey man, hope you don't mind...wanted to post a pic of the Necrotonz. PartyPantsed picked up on the compression thing... She is a monster on marlboros, no doubt. Damned dynamic singers, lol. I wouldn't object if the PNO had some more low end, but you know that. I also like this tune. Took a couple of spins to get into it, but then it just stays in the winamp player.

NITE!!!!

-c

Attachments

• necropicwebop.jpg
    necropicwebop.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 160
Her Bio

Felicia was a poor girl with nothing to lose when she stumbled into the Blue Kitten Lounge. A waitress, she tried her vocal abilities one night and the owner decided to give her a shot as the featured songbird. Her vocal chords weren't the only features that caught the eye of Mobster Guido Verducci, and Felicia fell naively into an unwitting love triangle which included Verducci's wife, the daughter of the main Mob boss. After several months of blissful happiness, the affair ended as abruptly as it began with the disappearance of Guido. Drowning her sorrows in gin and barbituates, Felicia was committing suicide as Verducci's vengeful bride attacked her, slitting her throat. When she arose from her desert grave, she became NECROPHILIA, Diva of the Dead, a ghost on a twofold mission- to uncover the truth of Guido's disappearance and to seek revenge on the woman who took away the pleasure of taking her own life... singing a few snappy tunes along the way doesn't hurt, either.

Hey bdgr,
Nice tune man. That's a guy singing? ...trip. I like the piano in this, nice playing. The tune definitely sets a mood thats very cinematic. Chadly mentioned the compression issue... I agree.
Nice tune man, Im not really familiar w/ the stuff you normally do, but i will keep an eye out.
cool stuff.
g

Guernica said:
Hey bdgr,
Nice tune man. That's a guy singing? ...trip. I like the piano in this, nice playing. The tune definitely sets a mood thats very cinematic. Chadly mentioned the compression issue... I agree.
Nice tune man, Im not really familiar w/ the stuff you normally do, but i will keep an eye out.
cool stuff.
g

chick singing, not a guy....she's pretty hot without all the death makeup...

Thanks on the piano...I'm really more into blues than whatever this would be....so I was kind of unsure of it. Yeah, I did do some weird things with the compression.....trying to get it to sound a certain way.

agree about the compression comments, but I definitely liked it! vocal sound could be better.. it's a little harsh.. cool piano.

I loved it. Sings kinda like vannelli singing the blues. I think pullin the piano back some to keep the attack from stickin out quite so much would let the soft graininess of her voice come through.
Nice.

Wow man...........very cool.....cinematic for sure..........very nice piano and the singing was interesting. Did you write this? Very nice if you did.

Lt. Bob said:
Wow man...........very cool.....cinematic for sure..........very nice piano and the singing was interesting. Did you write this? Very nice if you did.

Thanks.
I improved the piano part, she wrote the lyrics.

drstawl said:
You got some creepy sounds going on!

Was she wearing black lipstick?

Nope....looked normal in the studio. A very cool chick just really. She was fascinated by my serial killer dog.

Bdgr said:
She was fascinated by my serial killer dog.
Okay, in defense of the dog...I don't think he/she ever killed anybody, so the phrase "my serial killer dog" is misleading, confusing, and intentionally defamatory. You'll be hearing from your dog's attorneys shortly.

Back