Song for my girl called "Win Your Love and Steal Your Heart" Ala Mumford and Sons

JerryD

Song for my girl called "Win Your Love and Steal Your Heart" Ala Mumford and Sons

I wrote this my girl and was just wanting to get it better before I gave it to hear. Any help would be great. Thanks for reading.

I really like the overall sound Jerry. I like the drums, you did a really good job, good vocals too. She'll love it. :)

I agree on the drums...they really sound good as does the guitar. The vocal is recorded very well also. The singing is overall good but off pitch in a couple of places...not bad but I'm nitpicking to try to offer anything to improve it. The only other suggestion I could offer is there are a couple of places where the guitar covers up the vocal a bit.

It's a great song by the way.

Very good, everything is very good. With mixing I might try either darker cymbals or darker quitar. But in the end after those tests I would probably chose your current version.

Just one thing beyond what's already been said...

The vocal jumps out in spots. Some (heavier) compression would help. There are also words here and there that are a bit harsh. I just noticed a few in the first 30 seconds of the song. Maybe a notch cut around 2400hz might help. Automate it and take it out after the first 30 seconds. Or something like that.

THanks guys. I appreciate the help. Thanks Triplem I like the notch cut idea. I'll experiment with that.

Thanks again. The vocals were really weak in some spots but my computer was acting up so I decided against redoing the vocals.

I'll try again on the next song.

On lines like 'my heart is falling', the word 'falling' just sort of disappears. Automation, man.

You got to be careful giving a song to a girl. Usually they're charmed by it, and this song is really well done and really beautiful. So you'll be okay. But you have to admit, this song is straight ahead sincere. What if she turns out to have really strong musical preferences and a deep love of irony? Then you'll be hooped. But I hope this one gets you laid. :D

Hey... my little nit would be that the ride cymbal is sounding very robotic... and sometimes too high in the mix... a lot of the time in fact.

And that "falling" word that someone else mentioned needs a bump.

Otherwise, all good from me.... :thumbs up:

Back