Song Critique - Rock/Pop

Not bad with what your using. Do you use a pop filter? I'm getting alot of sssssss from cymbals and the singer. I'm not giving any mixing advice because I'm still fuckin around with it.

It's koo though if you like this type of thing. A couple parts need tighting here and there. keep up the good work.

Good work on production.

All in all I'll give it a B-.

L8er,
livilaNic

Thanks for the comments...

I do you use a screen. HOwever, I got right up on it and maybe I didnt angle the mic right. Could be the MP3 compression?
Plus, it would be worth noting
The Drums are electronic *GASP*
:)

Thanks,

Ben

Not bad. Could use a hell of a lot more kick. You may be limited on what you can mix on drums now if it's a machine. The bass tone isn't really very clear.

...autotune?

dsynthuhsize said:
Thanks for the comments...

I do you use a screen. HOwever, I got right up on it and maybe I didnt angle the mic right. Could be the MP3 compression?
Plus, it would be worth noting
The Drums are electronic *GASP*
:)

Thanks,

Ben

Could be it was at 128kbps after I dl'ed it.

Bass was a problem at source, and ideas on how to fix it? Was recorded with basiclly NO mid, highs or def freq.
Autotune on vocals? Of course :)
Also, I think the kick is loud, I just turned it down 4 decibles because in a couple of cars it was LOUD.

Ben

Diggin' it

That electronic kit isn't too horrible...EXCEPT as mentioned the Kick is NON-existent.

I like the tune alot. The vocal line\lyrics is\are cool as hell. The song builds and flows really nicely. You got some nice guitar sounds going on in the breakdown and the drums through the filter thing is done well too.

your vocal quality is really good and you're using it really well in this tune.

I'd like to hear more.

Missing: Kick Drum

dsynthuhsize said:
Thanks alot for the complements. do you mead the highs of the kick or the bass section of the kick?

I really can't hear it at all. except in the break down at (3:34) - it's kind of "small" with no "umph" to it << no extra charge for the technical terms! ;)

When the main distorted guitar comes in again - the kick dissapears.

I would just bring it up in the mix more if you can or boost the eq on the low end??

Again, I really like the song. It sounded even better the second time through. Good work.

Yeah, I'd like some more thump in the kick...I'd actually like less mids in the guitars, which I almost never say. This really needs to pound you in the chest...turn the kick up 4db overall...if it's blowing out subs, highpass it.

Really nice job though...just trying to push it over the top.

Would you consider this a hit song? Or not quite there? If you don't really like this style of music (green day, good charlotte, simple plan) then I understand, but if you do, would you consider this a hit song.

Thanks,

Ben

My guitarist uses:

Fender Strat w/ Seymour JB Pickups = Metal Zone = Marshall JCM800

We don't know the best techniques for recording, etc. Please let us know if anyone has some pointers for us.

Thanks,

ben

Back