Sonar's Input monitoring, nice in theory but...

Rhoadz

The inputmonitoing feature is a cool idea. It Allows input monitoring with/out haveing special card specific utilities and junk. the trouble is a thoroughly annoying delay. I'd much rather put up with my no latency hardware specific utilities and accept the fact that i can only monitor the cards that support it. I hate cool features that SUCK. They're such a tease.

sorry about the rant.

What kind of audio hardware are you using?

The latency issue should be addressed by using WDM drivers for your audio hardware... (I have not heard of anyone trying this solution yet, since WDM drivers are scarce) but if your audio card(s) have WDM drivers, use them to get rid of the latency.

In the mean time, the rest of us will just hang in and bitch to our audio manufacturers to get those dang drivers out the door!

-L

it's kinda a moot point, but i have a DMAN 2044. I'm waiting on my MOTU 828 to get to me (with WDM drivers and its own software input monitoring program).
Anywho. I've since found some cool new features in SONAR like 'slip editing' that I like. Now i'm trying to figure out what the hell 'goove clips' are and why i should care.

later-

Back