Sonar3 producer edtion vs cooledit pro??

Taylor_214

Folks,

I'm currently using cooledit pro v2 to record and create songs. Recently received a package of Sonar3 producer edition v 3.1. Would appreciate a quick pros cons of the two products in terms of quality, ease of use, flexibility, features.

thx

You recenlty "recieved" a package of Sonar 3.1 Pro? How the hell does that work?

Yes, Sonar is better. It costs more than twice as much, supports Virtual Instruments, MIDI, control surfaces, ASIO and WDM-drivers, Input Monitoring.

The place to read about it (and buy it) is www.cakewalk.com

...and don't forget, Sonar support true 24 bit instead of "faked" 32 bit of CoolEdit. As moskus stated, Sonar gives full support of MIDI while CEP doesn't at all! The only advantage of CEP IMHO is it can do wave editor more flexible than Sonar. It's noise reduction is well known as one of the best around :) Mostly, combination of Sonar 3.1.1 PE and CoolEdit Pro 2 (now Adobe Audition) is all I need :)

;)
Jaymz

yup i have a progra that lets me use cool edit inside of sonar (thanks to some generous memeber here that postes that link). I would have to put the ease of use on the cool edit side for recording, just because there are far less features. Once you have sonar working the way you want (with your favorite tamplate loaeded and your presets set upt) sonar is a beast.

I wish somebody would give me a "package" of sweat software.... i could use office 2003 if anybody is giving away free packages.

minofifa said:
I wish somebody would give me a "package" of sweat software.... i could use office 2003 if anybody is giving away free packages.
They're all around the net, but not supported on this forum... ;)

Back