Sonar2 to Sonar4 file conversion

crosstudio

i installed sonar4, leaving sonar2 intact.

i open one of my existing files.... core dump! so i thought it was sonar4. i uninstalled and reinstalled, updated to the latest patch... core dump!

then i attempted creating a new file. recorded some midi tracks, converted them to audio in 88khz even... no problem.

so i attempted to open a different file and there was no problem.

anyone else experience this? the first file opens fine in sonar2, but causes a crash in sonar4. the 2nd file opened fine in sonar4.

Weird... I did have some issues opening 2.x files in v3 but that got solved with an earlier update - v4.x.x has always been able to open these older files quite happily for me.

Are you trying to open project files or bundles? I would try to open the project file in 2.2, save it as a bundle and then open in v4.0.3.

Also, what modules or files were listed as dying in the core dump? Normally it is in the format of "Something" caused <TYPE OF ERROR> in module "something else".

It is usually the "something else" in that list that has died... Maybe a corrupt file, maybe a cross-linked file, (you have run Scandisk haven't you...), maybe a version mismatch -- all could cause the things you describe.

Ciao,

Q.

All it says is

SONARPDR.EXE - Application Error
The instruction at "0x06b39270" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".

not much to go on, maybe i'll send it to cakewalk anyway.

Did ya try the bundle vs. project file approach?

Have you tried deleting the AUD.INI file out from the new Sonar v4 installation and letting it rebuild itself?

I agree - that error doesn't give much to go on - any details or more information button reveal anything else?

Ciao,

Q.

crosstudio said:
SONARPDR.EXE - Application Error
The instruction at "0x06b39270" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".
I would say it's either a Windows Virtual memory error (try setting the virtual memory a bit higher) or your hardware memory is a little off (try testing it with MemTest86).

Back