sonar xl keeps crashing

Jamal

every time i close it crashes my whole computer. This also happens out of the blue sometimes. whats the problem?

Jamal said:
every time i close it crashes my whole computer. This also happens out of the blue sometimes. whats the problem?

Jamal, I had that problem too. I reinstalled XP and it solved it. apparently some files had gotten corrupted. Oh, ya have to re-install Sonar too.. if you go this route

There is another option. In a re-install of XP there is an option to repair and the prompt is to press "R" and it will repair the existing setup leaving the remainder untouched.

Last edited:
The mysterious Sonar sudden decision to shut down everything plagued me for the better part of this year! I tried reinstalling everything from the OS up. Buying new memory. Updating all drivers constantly. Moving card around. Disabling ACPI.....and the final thing that seemed to give me some stability was updating the VIA 4 in 1 driver to version 43.

So I'm not sure if you are using a motherboard with VIA southbridge but that seems to have fixed my problems. Take it for what it's worth if it applies to your situation.

I had a problem with crashes mostly when opening effects with audio running. I solved (lessened) the problem by lowering my graphics acceleration 2 notches and changing to 16 bit color.

I never had a problem while closing Sonar, but something in the file save operation could be corrupt, I'd try reinstalling both windows and sonar. If you're running Windows XP or 2000 you should partition your hard drive and install a dual boot OS for your studio work.

Back