Sonar with reverb?

StevenLindsey

Hey guys. A quick question if I may. I'm going to give PC recording a shot after a few years with a Korg D8. Gonna get a 2.8 P4 and a control surface. I've about narrowed my software purchase to Sonar. Is the version with the Lexicon Pantheon reverb and eq + some other junk worth the 200 extra bucks. I don't use a lot of effects with my recordings....mostly just simple acoustic mic-recorded tracks with some stereo keyboard. Probably will rarely exceed 24 tracks. Is Sonar overkill for me? If not, is the version with the other stuff included worth it? Or is there another program that would be better for simple recordings? Thanks for any opinions. They will help.

The XL version is icing on an already sophisticated cake. It may be that SONAR is overkill for your needs and something like Cakewalk Home Studio would be better for you.

Why not check out the Cakewalk website and look at the features of each?

OK thanks. I just have to make sure that whatever I get will work with my choice of surface controller...probably the new Tascam FW1884. But I'm not going to be doing much, if any, sequencing or looping or weird effects... just basic recording and some standard effects like compression, eq, reverb.... but the effects I do have I want to be good ones, you know. Seems a lot of the software is geared to synthetic music type stuff.

Back