Sonar says driver is a 'missing device'

revnice1

The drivers are all there and the correct device is set as default. I use no other sound drivers, only the ones for the MOTU Traveler Interface.
It was all working yesterday and other windows programs can play sound. Does anyone have a clue about the cause/remedy.

Win 10, Sonar 8.5.3

Thanks - rev

Sometimes when you reboot your PC and/or receive updates which may restart your PC, Win 10 will switch off or otherwise disconnect an audio driver. I lose my Tascam US-2x2 driver when I receive Win 10 updates every month.

I open Add or Remove Programs, select the driver, then select Modify, then Repair. Then a reboot brings the driver back. That's what works for me - YMMV.

You're a goddamn genius! Only it was a reinstall that worked, the Repair option didn't work. I'm glad there's someone else on the planet who knows that updates change settings. I had a long thread on VirtualDr about that. I claimed that updates changed my system because internal disks were not recognized every time there was an update. They recommended formatting but win does produce error messages when there's nothing wrong with the disks. I would have lost a lot of data if I'd formatted.

Thanks!

Back