Sonar Producer 4

Frenchc

Ok so i had this problem in cakewalk but it went away after a while for some reason i have no idea, the problem is that now that i have PE4 its the same problem i had before but a lot worse, when I try to play back tracks it lags bigtime and sounds scratchy. I have no idea whats causing it i thought maybe it was my computer but i figured my computer should be able to handle this simple task,

heres what my computer is

3000 AMD Athalon (2.16GHz)
512MB ram
120 Gig harddrive

right now all i do is mix in PE so I'm not recording in it or anything else, id anyone has any suggestions i'd appreciate it

Frenchc said:
Ok so i had this problem in cakewalk but it went away after a while for some reason i have no idea, the problem is that now that i have PE4 its the same problem i had before but a lot worse, when I try to play back tracks it lags bigtime and sounds scratchy. I have no idea whats causing it i thought maybe it was my computer but i figured my computer should be able to handle this simple task,

heres what my computer is

3000 AMD Athalon (2.16GHz)
512MB ram
120 Gig harddrive

right now all i do is mix in PE so I'm not recording in it or anything else, id anyone has any suggestions i'd appreciate it

There is a setting in there somewhere for setting your latency. Your setting is too short. Look in the manual as I have Cakewalk 9.0 and they probably changed the location on the front panel.

I've tried changing the latency but it only seems to barely help it along, it still lags quite a bit, thanks, any other suggestions.......

I agree it sounds like latency. Did you try raising your buffers (directly above the latency slider bar).

Also, what sound card do you have? Sometimes you might need to change a setting in the control panel for the sound card. Also, which drivers are you using?

OTOH, your system should be able to handle "fairly" low latencies, so there sounds like something else might be going on that is affecting it. What kinds of plug-ins are you running? Any background programs, etc.?

could it be your audio card? what audio card are you using? also you may need more memory if your using XP.

Be sure you have DMA enabled. Also, when was the last time you defragged???

The documentation has a great section on troubleshooting this very problem... It's latency.... look in the manual!!

ok so right now all I'm using for a sound card is the one with my pc until my new one comes in a about a week, i got a delta 1010 and i hope that using the new card solves the problem. the latency thing only helps a little, i havn't defragged in a while so i guess i'll try that but if anyone else can come up with anything more i appreciate it, thanks

chris

Back