Sonar piano roll view behaving badly

BloodHound

When I open piano roll view in Sonar (2.2) my piano keys pane that used to be on the left hand side of the view is hiding away. I can bring it back by dragging the borders around, but when I close the view and open it later, it is hiding again. Anybody knows how I can get the piano keys pane to automatically apears each time I open the piano roll view.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (it's been 2 months since I've seen Sonar), but isn't there a properties-page if you right-click on the Piano Roll?

Check that. ;)

BloodHound
When you drag the keyboard into view, try hitting the save button. That should overwrite the default file that appears when you open Sonar. So next time you go through the exercise it should be as you want it.

I keep a file in my Projects folder named Base. I have several tracks assigned to Edirol VSC and it has a four beat sticks count in already set up. Whenever I start a new project I just click on Base, compose my latest masterpiece, then Save As with a new project name.

It works for me! :)

--
BluesMeister

Thanks for the replies. Moskus. The properties menu that comes up when I right-click is for note properties. Bluesmeister. I tried that. I created a new default template, but it does the same. In fact it does the same with all the templates.

It can probably be a corrupt dll. I will re-install Sonar and see if the problem go away. If not, I'll try Cakewalk support.

Thanks for the help.

Back