SONAR PE and Terretec Phase 88 soundcards... I need help!

13th_Omen

I just recently upgraded from 8 channel ADAT to 16 channel DAW. I built my own PC and just got the soundcards... 2 Terretec Phase 88s giving me 16 I/O. I followed instructions on how to install cards, which they have you connect an internal link cable from one card to the other, making one a master and one a slave. Device manager now recognizes both cards as one system.

I am using SONAR PE and I am having a hell of a time getting everything to work right. First off, the Terretec control panel as well as SONAR show the inputs of the soundcards as 1/2, 3/4, 5/6. 7/8, S/PDIF, etc. This is a problem when it comes time to assign outputs. I am using ASIO drivers which when I click on a track to assign inputs it shows the following:

PHASE 88(1) input 1, left
PHASE 88(1) input 1, right
PHASE 88(1) input 1, stereo

... and so on. The (1) means card one and instead of the other card showing (2) it shows (M) for master. I don't want the tracks to come out of the PC though. I do however would like to use channels 1/2 on the master card to serve as main outs directly to my monitors. This is a real problem. Ordinarily SONAR just shows the main outs (left and right) but it shows all my outs which are only 10 because they show...

PHASE 88 wave 1
PHASE 88 wave 3
PHASE 88 wave 5
PHASE 88 wave 7
PHASE 88 wave digital (S/PDIF)

...and so on. I want 1 AND 2 for left and right main outs. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong or at least some opinions or things to try?!?!

I am in kind of a hurry as my band is in desperate need to record! Please help!

Woldn't "PHASE 88 wave 1" give out a stereo signal, meaning it's playing on both 1 and 2?

If that's the case, does it matter that it doesen't say "PHASE 88 wave 1/2"?

Names on the devices in Sonar is the drivers all the way. But I guess that if you're not weak-hearted you can always open up regedit and change them there. I know it's been done, but haven't done it myself.

In Sonar 2 you could configure the qty of virtual mains you required. In Sonar 3 it shows each physical mains out on your system.

Do you not have a software mixer for you Phase 88 cards. I don't know the card but mine has a Contol Panel which enables each physical out on the card to be routed through a mixer and then through a physical out. Therefore I have Wave1 and Wave2 and Digital routed through the analogue mixer and they come out of my Wave 1 output.

This way I can route through the tracks in Sonar to the physical outs and then configure the final outputs in the soundcard mixer

I don't have a Phase 88, but I know someone with a Phase 28. If the Control Panels are similar (I believe they're basically the same), then there is an option to lock or unlock from being stereo pairs. This should fix what you're seeing.

I have unlocked the stereo gang but that still doesn't work. Their is a control panel but with limited options. I have an opportunity to meet the band Godsmack in a week. I want to give them a recording of my band! I NEED IMEDIATE HELP! Anyone here know these soundcards?

Back