Sonar not picking up ASIO with Mobile Pre

clinton

I'm either mad or both
Hi All

I am new to post here but have used the knowledge on this site many times.

I need some advice or help on this please:

I have a Mobile Pre usb external sound card and I use Sonar 4, Guitar rig and battery. Ok the problem is this:

Tonight (South Africa) I loaded up sonar but NO SOUND. No playback and no sound from guitar rig (which I use in sonar aS a plugin). So I checked my audio settings and instead of the device being "M-Audio Mobile Pre" it was "ADOBE DEFAULT WINDOWS M-Audio Mobile Pre". So I ran wave profiler again and it picked up the mobile pre and set it up properly in the devices list (the way it has alsways been) except that it was set to WDM drivers....so I set it back to ASIO... I then closed sonar and reopened sonar for the changes to take effect and..... "ADOBE DEFAULT WINDOWS M-Audio Mobile Pre" was set as the device again. I can see the Mobile Pre in the list but it is greyed out.

By the way if i go into Battery or guitar rig as stand alone programs everything is fine and the pick up the Mobile Pre as well as ASIO as the drivers. DVD'S , MP3,S ECT also all play fine.

Please help me out...I am on the verge of getting out my old 4 track...

Thanks all
Clint

SOLUTION FOUND....

Just thought I'd post this to help anyone else who has this problem....

the problem was Adobe Premier Pro..... adobes sound drivers for Premier were messing with my Mobile Pre drivers...SO... I had to uninstall Premier Pro and now all is well.....except that if I dont find a solution to this then I will have to get another pc to do my video editing (I do Surf Films....when I say "do" I mean "am learning to do")

Hope this helps anyone else who is experiencing similar problems

Back